What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 and 3...How are we travelling?

chinorocks

Juniors
Well we go into the bye with 3 wins and 3 narrow losses. Considering we have had as tough a draw as anyone in the competition (on paper at least) and most pundits had us bottom three at the start of the season, I think we're going pretty well.

For one thing, over a 6 week period we have a positive in our for and against, its been a long time since thats happened.

Don't have the draw in front of me, but if we can jag 1 out of 2 against the Titans and Storm I think we'll be pretty well placed going into origin all things considered. Thoughts???

Spike

First Grade
Titans at home is our best chance. Hopefully a few players coming back from injury will help our cause.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
After the Titans and Storm we have the Tigers Bye Warriors and then the Bulldogs I can see us winning all 3 of those games. If we can beat either the Storm or Titans we will be sitting pretty solid in the 8 I think.

Knights01

Juniors
either way they are both tough clashes... Smith will have some selection headaches in coming weeks... Bailey has to find himself somewhere in the team... do you put him on the bench - but then you can't carry both Hilder and Bailey (and Matt has done nothing wrong this season)...

Bicey_18

Bench
I think we can beat the Titans... I mean sure they are killing it atm but remember their 4/5 wins came at home and beat a disappointing Parra so I think we can give them a shake.. Storm in Melbourne is another story.. although they will have a huge representative in the Aus/Nzl test so they will have 2 back up

perverse

Referee
I reckon we can beat the Tits if Simmo, Dureau and Mullen are back
yep, definitely.

melbourne in melbourne will be near impossible... but who knows with our team at the moment? they seem to believe they're capable of anything, and i'm starting to believe it too.

I think we are travelling well taking into consideration our tough draw and also the time it will take for our team to fully blend together. We are more than capable of beating the Titans at home and we may not beat Melbourne but knowing us this year we will be competitive down there unlike wallopings we have gotten in previous years.

perverse

Referee
Yeah they have been brutal...

05: 48-10
06: 52-6
07: 44-0
wont happen this year. we might not win - but i can't see the team we have now letting another team thrash them like that. our defense up the middle has been great (something i can't remember having since the finals series on '01). my only concern is with the outside backs that melbourne have. they could easily go around us all day... but im sure smithy will have a plan for that too.

Big Tim

First Grade
I reckon we can beat the Tits if Simmo, Dureau and Mullen are back

Dureau was still limping today.... he said 2-3 weeks before he will be back, I really cant see him being ready for the Titans.

Mullo looked like he was just aboout there, so a week off will mean he will go..... didnt see Simmo.

The Titans dont win away from home, we have been good at home this year, so i think we should expect a win.

Kazaf

Juniors
yep, definitely.

melbourne in melbourne will be near impossible... but who knows with our team at the moment? they seem to believe they're capable of anything, and i'm starting to believe it too.

:crazy::crazy:hell yeah!

Kazaf

Juniors
wont happen this year. we might not win - but i can't see the team we have now letting another team thrash them like that. our defense up the middle has been great (something i can't remember having since the finals series on '01). my only concern is with the outside backs that melbourne have. they could easily go around us all day... but im sure smithy will have a plan for that too.

By lining Uate against Falou :crazy::crazy:

knights_86

Juniors
probably doesn't mean all that much, but we are the only side in the comp with a positive points differential at both home and away (5 and 7). it at least suggests some form of consistency in effort i guess.

then again, i wouldn't complain about brisbane's either (70 at home, -4 away).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think we're going better than a lot of people are giving us credit for. Lets not forget that the team are still getting to know each others games, but are improving week by week. If you had have told any of the players that after 6 rounds they'd have a 3 win 3 loss record taking into account the teams they had to play, I reckon they'd have taken it.

With a bit more luck we could have been 5-1 and perhaps even 6-0 (although that is a bit of a stretch). Inexperienced plays are still costing us and could have cost us big time yesterday, but they hung in there which has been the go for the first 6 weeks.

The next two weeks after the bye could make or break our season, although it is still very early. If we lose both games, there's a risk we undo all our hard work for the first month and a half considering how tight the competition is. I believe we can beat the Titans at home, and we'll struggle to beat Melbourne at Olympic Park because, well quite frankly over the last couple of years, no one beats them down there.

Burwood

Bench
I'm a bit surprised that the team selections have been so stable. I was under the impression that we would be seeing quite a few combinations tried in the opening 6-8 rounds (especially in the halves and backline), but the only real changes have been forced by injuries.

Knight87

Juniors
Ok, let's just put this into perspective. This time, last year, we were also 3-3. However, this time, in regards to for and against, we are 142-130 (+12). Last year, we were 110-148 (-38). Also, last year, we were having to deal with the fact that Joey had retired and was no longer there to steer the side. We also had to deal with the long list of incompetent players we were carrying in the side, who had been dragging the chains for many years.

This year, we are a lot better positioned, we can only get better, and even if we do have a bad run of injuries, we do have a lot more depth in the squad this year than we did last year. Barring any major catastrophic thing happening, I can't see why we won't be making the top 8 this year.