What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 hat restaurant to $2 steak....The Ian Baker Funch award

Diamonds to Rocks....best example?

• Carty Party

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • The Peach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamal Idris

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Big Tone Williams

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Kieran Foran

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Nathan Peats

• Ewan McGrady

• Owen Craigie

• Some other sebago

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
LOD... One of modern era mental patients.

I think the bloke was actually insane, he left the Tigers before the 2004 season and when he retired he still managed to hold a grudge. Would be on my bingo card of "former NRL player charged with assault" if such a thing existed.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I think the bloke was actually insane, he left the Tigers before the 2004 season and when he retired he still managed to hold a grudge. Would be on my bingo card of "former NRL player charged with assault" if such a thing existed.
If i had the equivalent of having my leg ripped off in an unnecessary move in a tackle i'd be pretty pissed off as well. He was within a few mm of never walking properly again

T.S Quint

Coach
Also a couple of Warriors players:
Ali Lauiti’iti and Richard Vilasanti. Those blokes looked like absolute superstars for one or two years...then disappeared.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Ewan mcgrady doesnt really count. Best player in the comp for 1 year, hung around a bit but then disappeared back to the bush

THE CHAMP

First Grade

That was against the storm wasn't it?
Who were the players involved in that tackle?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Also a couple of Warriors players:
Ali Lauiti’iti and Richard Vilasanti. Those blokes looked like absolute superstars for one or two years...then disappeared.

Ali had a good career in the UK. Villa retired a few years later due to knee injuries I believe.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
It was against the Tigers. Cant remember who it was (Fulton?)
Correct, fulton moved his leg around. Might have been bryce gibbs that was stuck underneath LOD for the entire time until they managed to get LOD off the field (was a pretty lengthy delay). His howls of pain are something i'll never forget.

I think it was vossy on the sunday footy show that showed the extent of the injury using a bunch or dangling chords representing the tendons/muscles and a pair of scissors explaining what each one does and then snipping it off as it is no longer attached. By the end of it out of about 20 there was only one left that he snipped halfway through and that was what LOD had left. Pain wise is the doc he consulted said it was the equivalent of having your leg ripped off.

The type and extent of it had never really been seen before in footy and then not too long after it shane shackelton did nearly the exact same thing. Freakish

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
To be fair the guys a good quality first grader, was picked ridicously early for Australia by Tim Sheens who liked doing weird things for the sake of it
Wasn't he like the 6th or 7th pick down the pecking order and still came out of left field. One of those end of season tournaments where 2.5 potential aus teams are booked in for surgery and are unavailable

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Correct, fulton moved his leg around. Might have been bryce gibbs that was stuck underneath LOD for the entire time until they managed to get LOD off the field (was a pretty lengthy delay). His howls of pain are something i'll never forget.

I think it was vossy on the sunday footy show that showed the extent of the injury using a bunch or dangling chords representing the tendons/muscles and a pair of scissors explaining what each one does and then snipping it off as it is no longer attached. By the end of it out of about 20 there was only one left that he snipped halfway through and that was what LOD had left. Pain wise is the doc he consulted said it was the equivalent of having your leg ripped off.

The type and extent of it had never really been seen before in footy and then not too long after it shane shackelton did nearly the exact same thing. Freakish

LOD was never the same player after that injury. He declined a bit as a player, and came back a lot angrier.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Justin O'Neill, played for Australia and QLD, looked like a Ferrari at Melbourne, now can't catch a cold
Made qld and australia after he left the storm. Started of shocking with us and then had an awesome patch and now mud again.

Bit of a twist on the dane nielson syndrome

Latest posts