What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 hat restaurant to $2 steak....The Ian Baker Funch award

Diamonds to Rocks....best example?

• Carty Party

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • The Peach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamal Idris

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Big Tone Williams

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Kieran Foran

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Nathan Peats

• Ewan McGrady

• Owen Craigie

• Some other sebago

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Made qld and australia after he left the storm. Started of shocking with us and then had an awesome patch and now mud again.

Bit of a twist on the dane nielson syndrome

O'Neil had a lot to do with us beating the Storm in the 2015 preliminary IIRC. I think a year later, he may have even torched the Broncos in a finals game (ironically against Opacic?).

T.S Quint

Coach
Didn't the Bulldogs let Thurston go so they could keep Sherwin...

Yep.
He had just led the Dogs to a GF win, so slightly understandable...but in hindsight it’s one of the dumbest recruitment decisions by a footy side.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Yep.
He had just led the Dogs to a GF win, so slightly understandable...but in hindsight it’s one of the dumbest recruitment decisions by a footy side.

Everybody rated JT as one for the future, but not even the Cowboys or Dogs expected him to be a future immortal.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Sherwin was a quality half at the time. No one saw the signing as a mistake.

Problem was that his game quickly turned to s#it.

Sherwin had a great kicking game. But he probably looked way better than he was playing behind such an awesome pack. Well, in fact it was just an all-round great team.

Maybe the big 5 year deal also took its toll on him.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
It’s hard to tell sometimes.
I for one am glad the Dogs made that decision.

I struggle to think of where the Cowboys would be today if it wasn't for JT.

North Queensland was always rugby league mad. But he sold the Cowboys to the region. An honourable mention to Matt Bowen before him.

Don't get me wrong, there were always Cowboy diehards going back to 95. But many locals cared more about park footy than the NRL. Or were unwilling to support the Cowboys as they already had an NRL team.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Correct, fulton moved his leg around. Might have been bryce gibbs that was stuck underneath LOD for the entire time until they managed to get LOD off the field (was a pretty lengthy delay). His howls of pain are something i'll never forget.

I think it was vossy on the sunday footy show that showed the extent of the injury using a bunch or dangling chords representing the tendons/muscles and a pair of scissors explaining what each one does and then snipping it off as it is no longer attached. By the end of it out of about 20 there was only one left that he snipped halfway through and that was what LOD had left. Pain wise is the doc he consulted said it was the equivalent of having your leg ripped off.

The type and extent of it had never really been seen before in footy and then not too long after it shane shackelton did nearly the exact same thing. Freakish
Who is LOD?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Who is LOD?
this beautiful man

503943-luke-o-039-donnell-cowboys-nrl.jpg

Silent Knight

First Grade
I struggle to think of where the Cowboys would be today if it wasn't for JT.

North Queensland was always rugby league mad. But he sold the Cowboys to the region. An honourable mention to Matt Bowen before him.

Don't get me wrong, there were always Cowboy diehards going back to 95. But many locals cared more about park footy than the NRL. Or were unwilling to support the Cowboys as they already had an NRL team.

Michael Bani and Grant Rovelli would have carried the torch.

Latest posts