What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 things which damaged parra's chances in2003

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
I reckon it comes down to the size of the forwards. With big forwards, clubs seem to have less injuries because, I guess' you have a lower percentage of players trying to play above themselves physically. Take brisbane for example. Sure, Gordon got injured at the end of last season, but their big blokes kept turning up. They have had some bad injuries in that club (Prince, Ikin) but I can honestly not recall a time when they had to delve into the reggies en masse.

Look at Canterbury.......they hardly ever have injury problems & when they do they still play or are out for only a short time!!

When our players break a nail there out for 3 months!!,

It's very frustrating from a very much Parra orientated fan like myself watching players out for extended periods of time then seeing the bloody Punchbowl men always injury free!!

Pazza

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
I'll give them some creatine & Glutamine that's what im on and the recovery from injuries & workout sessions are great!!

Sounds like you workout Ron! What does your routine look like?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pazza said:
Ron Jeremy said:
I'll give them some creatine & Glutamine that's what im on and the recovery from injuries & workout sessions are great!!

Sounds like you workout Ron! What does your routine look like?

Yeah im abit of a gym junkie but not a roid droid or a stiff :lol: :lol:

My workouts are these

Week 1

Monday

Biceps, Tricepts, Lats, Traps, Abdominal workouts & Legs

Wednesday

Upper & Lower chest, Deltoids, Fly's

Friday

Same as Monday

Week 2

Monday

Upper & Lower chest, Deltoids, Fly's

Wednesday

Biceps, Tricepts, Lats, Traps, Abdominal workouts & Legs

Friday

Same as Monday

And so on.....

Im also currently on a high protein diet.....only problem is that im down to about 7 1/2 % body fat which is getting to low, so my energy levels aren't what they should be.......the things people do to look good for summer :lol: :lol:

half

Coach
alright ron if i ever see a guy even beefier than me at an eels game i'll know it's you (or one of the players)

i'm into weights as well. i believe looking beautiful is the most important thing in the world

Pazza

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Im also currently on a high protein diet.....only problem is that im down to about 7 1/2 % body fat which is getting to low, so my energy levels aren't what they should be.......the things people do to look good for summer :lol: :lol:

lol yeah!

I use to do powerlifting and a tad of olympic lifting (powercleans). I miss the place but i have the HSC soon so i had to give it up but il be back better than ever next year.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
half-man said:
alright ron if i ever see a guy even beefier than me at an eels game i'll know it's you (or one of the players)

i'm into weights as well. i believe looking beautiful is the most important thing in the world

You can't miss me mate.....i stand out quite abit!!

I also have long browny/ blond hair so i do hear many people yell out "Fabio" now & then which really annoys me.

Looking good is the most important thing.....esspically when down at the beach :lol: :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
.......the things people do to look good for summer :lol: :lol:

Not to mention all that waxing 8)

I know that Parra does give some of its players creatine to build-up, but mostly over the off-season. Not sure if it's just the smaller thinner guys or what?

I had originally thought the innaccuracy of Eels return from injury predictions was just to fox other teams and bring guys back "early", but this year they all came back late! As HJ said elsewhere, some were freaky injuries that no training or conditioning would have avoided, but the length of time outs this year was a worry.

I think the Bulldogs swear by those hyper-baric chamber things? Might be worth a try...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
bartman said:
Ron Jeremy said:
.......the things people do to look good for summer :lol: :lol:

Not to mention all that waxing 8)

I know that Parra does give some of its players creatine to build-up, but mostly over the off-season. Not sure if it's just the smaller thinner guys or what?

I had originally thought the innaccuracy of Eels return from injury predictions was just to fox other teams and bring guys back "early", but this year they all came back late! As HJ said elsewhere, some were freaky injuries that no training or conditioning would have avoided, but the length of time outs this year was a worry.

I think the Bulldogs swear by those hyper-baric chamber things? Might be worth a try...

Waxing :lol: :lol: :lol:.......im alright in that department but?? any appearence of unwanted hair is quickly removed!!

Im actually looking great......just been up the coast and got me self a great tan 8)

I acknowledge that some injuries are just unavoidable or bad luck but?? there are many injuries that occur and i believe it has alot to do with the fitness levels of the players.

Eric Grothe was a lazy trainer & didn't treat his injuries aswell as he should off & he ended up retireing premeturley.

Also the fact that our players are out for longer then expected isn't a good indication to me that they have been treated properly.......instead of buying Bronx supplements they should be buying Musashi 8)

Well if the Parra boys are taking creatine that's only half the job......they need to take Glutamine in conjunction to speed up the development & recovery stages of injury or muscle development.

Man you shoulda seen my abs back in the early/mid-90s. I was more of a light weights-high reps kinda guy, so was never massive but more towards cut (hahaha, yeah, um......anyways.....) but I'd do 150 sit-ups each and every day and man I had the best set of abs anyone has ever seen.

Then I went to Uni, stopped playing footy (you really can't call drunken Uni teams real footy teams, lol), started smoking (um.......) and totally lost track of any fitness and now I'm only just getting back to weighing what i did when I was 18 - 8 years ago!

I'm actually thinking, if my old legs hold up, of giving A-Reggies another shot in 2005. I'll be 28 then, but won't have taken the knocks over the last 10 years so should be in decent knick. If I can get back my old dazzling fullback skills, goalkicking and unsurpassed tackling, I might just be able to be the reserve for the guy who is the reserve for the guy waiting to get a chance to sit on the bench!

Just gotta figure out which team to give the prestige (hehehehehe) to..... Lower Mountains seem to be pretty crap, might give them a go, lol

Pazza

First Grade
Il get fit again next year and might play C grade. I had one year of league experiance and that was this year for the school A grade team. I played in the back row and got the oppertunity to be coached by Gary Larson for a short period. It was great fun, i love the physical side of the game. Putting a big hit in or making a very strong run is better than scoring a try in my books.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Man you shoulda seen my abs back in the early/mid-90s. I was more of a light weights-high reps kinda guy, so was never massive but more towards cut (hahaha, yeah, um......anyways.....) but I'd do 150 sit-ups each and every day and man I had the best set of abs anyone has ever seen.

Then I went to Uni, stopped playing footy (you really can't call drunken Uni teams real footy teams, lol), started smoking (um.......) and totally lost track of any fitness and now I'm only just getting back to weighing what i did when I was 18 - 8 years ago!

I'm actually thinking, if my old legs hold up, of giving A-Reggies another shot in 2005. I'll be 28 then, but won't have taken the knocks over the last 10 years so should be in decent knick. If I can get back my old dazzling fullback skills, goalkicking and unsurpassed tackling, I might just be able to be the reserve for the guy who is the reserve for the guy waiting to get a chance to sit on the bench!

Just gotta figure out which team to give the prestige (hehehehehe) to..... Lower Mountains seem to be pretty crap, might give them a go, lol

Mate im blessed....i've actually got the body to possess an 8 pack :shock:....im laughing..summer hasn't occured yet but it's looking fantastic,

Im more of high weights man.....i like to do 8 reps then add more & so on & so on untill i've done about 5 set's of that particular exercise.

Weird jesus....you shouldn't do situps everyday as you need recovering time otherwise they won't grow.....i guess your blessed in that regard...i can only do sit ups at most twice a week otherwise my stomach bloats and the definaition isn't as noticable.

I also need to be on a low carb high protein diet to get my pack up & away, i've always been a sensible eater anyway.

I was the same way.....i was a very handy lock/centre/second rower in my day....i got messed up in the wrong crowd also & currently to this day im still a smoker....but i will be giving up asap as my gym work really struggles & like you i wan't to play football again.

It's funny though...i haven't lost my pace & my endurance is pretty reasonable that i can still swim 5 straight laps of a 50 metre pool.

half

Coach
i do situps with weights on my chest to avoid doing many reps

i've found exercises work best when i can only do 4-8 reps. some guys seem to be able to beef up doing anything, but i think cos i'm pretty thin only the heavy stuff works. it saves time too. i hate deadlifts and squats though - feels like my guts are gonna fall out my arse

as for getting protein, i eat nuts like an elephant and drink milk like it's water

Ron Jeremy

Coach
half-man said:
i do situps with weights on my chest to avoid doing many reps

i've found exercises work best when i can only do 4-8 reps. some guys seem to be able to beef up doing anything, but i think cos i'm pretty thin only the heavy stuff works. it saves time too. i hate deadlifts and squats though - feels like my guts are gonna fall out my arse

as for getting protein, i eat nuts like an elephant and drink milk like it's water

do situps with weights on my chest to avoid doing many reps

I used to do this but unfortunately my stomach was bulking up without the definition......IMO you need to do alot of reps to give it the definition...i reckon at the end of situps with the weights to try and do as many as you can without weights or drop the weight significantly....just my opinion.

My ab work involves hanging from a bar and bringing my legs right up....i do about 50 of these in 3 sets....tough work though,

I then do 3 sets of 40 reps on a incline situp bench....this does my top half abdominals.

I then finish of doing 3x 35 penguin exercises for my obliques....this exercise involves lying on the floor with your legs up vertically and touching your heel.

i hate deadlifts and squats though - feels like my guts are gonna fall out my arse

Squats are great for your legs but....i find that people who do alot them have a massive arse :lol:....have you noticed it??.

I just do leg press's & curls for my leg work!......i've actually got workable legs so i don't need to do to heavy to bulk up.

I drink a bottle a day of shape!!....love it!!!

Tuna is a great protein intake.....i have a stack of it & other seafood look calamari is great.......love my chicken aswell :)

half

Coach
hahaha i haven't noticed the squat thing... i don't go to a gym, i do all my weights at home. but hey, i don't know if a big ass would look all that bad on me

is it a general rule lower weights/higher reps adds greater definition or is that just for abs? i might start incorporating them

Ron Jeremy

Coach
half-man said:
hahaha i haven't noticed the squat thing... i don't go to a gym, i do all my weights at home. but hey, i don't know if a big ass would look all that bad on me

is it a general rule lower weights/higher reps adds greater definition or is that just for abs? i might start incorporating them

They do!!.....real bubble butts :lol: ,

Lower weights/ Higher reps apply to any exercise.....i was always incoperate a high reps set to every exercise i do just to give me the definition.....you can still get definition from not doing it but??......the results are working for me so i will might aswell continue this.

Pazza

First Grade
High reps low weight isnt going to do anything for you in terms of creating definition, definition is created through proper diet.

The only thing that high reps and Low weights is going to do is (no offence) make you as week a my sister.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pazza said:
High reps low weight isnt going to do anything for you in terms of creating definition, definition is created through proper diet.

The only thing that high reps and Low weights is going to do is (no offence) make you as week a my sister.

Eating & diet goes without saying.......im currently on about 180 grams of protein a day with an emphasis on carbohydrates in the morning & after workouts.

I gnerally like to have a high dosage of protein approximately 3-4 hours before a work out as protein takes longer to digest & through to your blood stream.

Im very big on Chicken & tuna at present but?? protein is not the be in..end all....carbs are very important & a must for bulking up.

The only thing that high reps and Low weights is going to do is (no offence) make you as week a my sister

I disagree in ways there.....ever since i started to incorperate a high reps set to my work out the definition has come on leaps & bounds.....fair enough it might not give you that extra strength & bulk but imo it gives your body nice look after the high weights work out.

Latest posts