What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 year deal likely for Manu

jaseg

Juniors
By the end of 2018 I would expect Slater to have broken or just fallen short (or he could still be playing beyond that I guess, therefore still be just short) of Irvine's record and Manu to either have gone past or just about to go past Menzies.

Stats nerd time- For whoever asked about strike rates...
Of the players who have played over 100 first grade games, there are 4 guys sitting above 0.7 tries/80 minutes - Manu, Brett Stewart, Akuila Uate & Ben Barba.

Stewart: 0.749
Uate: 0.745
Vatuvei: 0.733
Barba: 0.710

Slater is sitting at 0.630, for comparison.
Barba is worth a note- after his 100th game, his strike rate was sitting on 0.818 (ridiculously good). Since then he has been scoring at a rate of 0.345. He has been in a sharp decline and at this rate will drop out of this category in about 5-6 weeks. Stewart's try scoring trends have been declining also - but Manu (and Uate) is still going very strong.

Easing the parameters to include guys who have played a minimum of 50 games and scored at a rate of above 0.7 tries per 80 minutes only brings up one more player - Konrad Hurrell (0.709 from 60 appearances / 4290 minutes). That is an incredible record for a centre, and really highlights how much we would benefit from Hurrell if he can just sort his crap out. Frustrating!

More OT: MANUUUUUUUUUUU. Great news.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This! My favourite past time when attending a game.

A really smart football/business decision by us. Could have been catastrophic if he was disrespected. Will go down as one of the top 2 warriors of all time by the time he retires. Need more players to hit his level each week

This. As I said earlier there was absolutely no excuse not to retain him on a good deal as I think his value to the Warriors is actually double what he is worth anywhere else, because his standing within the club is so great. I seriously doubt even French or Japanese Rugby would have offered near what Manu is worth as part of the Warriors brand. Manu in a Warriors jersey is already a legend, Manu playing for anyone else would be something less.