What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 Rock

Iafeta

Referee
Lemon, its my favourite show right now. My favourite episode is the one with Alec Baldwin in season 1 where he has to act a product placement in their show and they find he can't act to save himself.

"Line?"

They give him the line.

"Next time I ask, don't give me the line..."

"Line?"

They give him the line.

"I said not to tell me."

The Seinfeld vision episode is good too, and Kenneth is frankly too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czIXyofOwUo

Kenneth goes ga-ga over Seinfeld is funny as.

"Right Mr D. High Five. Not now? Ok."

------------

"Goodmorning Mr Donaghy."

"Go to hell."

"Thank you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFMCXZnjDn8

48 seconds in, this is my fave Kenneth moment. "It's Kenneth, from the NBC Page program. I'm here to pick up a package from Keeeing Daaaang."

Iafeta

Referee
"The Italians have a saying Lemon, and its Keep Your Friends close and your enemies closer, and although they have not won a single war or produced a single fine car, in this they are right."

"She came to me with that angry badger face of hers, there it is right now,"

"If you were any other woman on earth, I would be turned on right now."

Mong

Post Whore
Watche d30 rock for the first time last night.. When it finished i thought it was a bit weird.. After thinking about it for a while i decided it was actually pretty good.. Have now set up the series link on IQ, it is the 2nd series currently on fox.

Nuke

Staff member
I, too, watched for the first time the other night (was it last night? I can't remember now!). It was okay. I didn't dislike it, and could and watch it again if it happened to come on if I was watching tv. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

The one I saw was about the guy (with a girl's name ... Stacey?) who was coaching a kids baseball team and got replaced as coach by one of his workmates. Also, the fat guy with the glasses thought he was 'gay for the coffee guy', when in fact that coffee guy was keen on the lady he thought was 29. Sorry, I don't remember names!!

Simo

First Grade
Mong and Nuke, I was the same, 'it was good, but not great' first time. But give it a few episodes for it to grow, its a bit off beat and has some great moments once you know the characters.

Nuke

Staff member
That's kinda what I figured. Like I said, if it's on and I'm watching tv (but not any specific shows), then I'll happily have it on. I won't go out of my way to watch it. That's nothing against the show, it's just the way I am ... very few shows I'll make sure I watch or record.
I'm not much of a tv watcher!

Mong

Post Whore
Last nights were ok.. It has potential to grow on me, it's definately a little different.

The Dodger

First Grade
yeah, they were saying it on the radio this morning about how it doesn't get ratings, yet has been nominated for all these awards.

LESStar58

Referee
yeah, they were saying it on the radio this morning about how it doesn't get ratings, yet has been nominated for all these awards.

Kind of hard when they keep putting it on tele at 1130 on a Monday night!

Or do you mean it doesn't rate in the US?

Timbo

Staff member
If you like 30 Rock, do yourself a huge favour and get your hands on a copy of the DVDs of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Similar premise except episodes are 1 hour long. Stars Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford and Amanda Peet.

It is simply brilliant TV. Got the axe after one year because it debuted in the same year as 30 Rock, and American's attention spans saw them gravitate towards the 30 minute programme instead of the 60 minute programme.

It is so very far above 30 Rock in terms of quality it's scary.

andrew flap

Bench
I watched it for the first time the other night, I thought it was pretty good... It's season 2 on fox at the moment (I think)... Anyone else watch it, im wondering if it's worth me buying the first season before I watch the second.

Mate, thoroughly funny show with some good, punchy writing and acting. Season 1 is good, season 2 rocks and Season 3 is even better so far.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Season 4 is absolute sucky so for. I absolutely love the show by S4 is a huge let-down in the 10 or so shows that have aired so far.