What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

321 v warriors

spider

Coach
What do you think he did to deserve man of the match status?
stats can be pro or con - debate stats and simmo can look like god

10 hit ups for 78 metres,
which was a better stat than norrie, nuts, snowden & dougie

zero line breaks,
ha ha - sharks only had the 1 line break for the entire game - start icing that chin

2 tackle breaks.
yes, and it was the second highest stat with only bird above him on 3 TB

He offers little in attack like I have said.
you have said nothing - all you have done is regurgitate from NRL stats

While Gallen and Bird made 189 and 139 metres respectively.
and between these two we suffered 5 errors and 2 penalties. Guess how many errors / penalties anderson gave away - none

Simply Anderson's stats do not stack up for a man of the match in any key area of performance.
what? errors / discipline are not key areas?.

In a game that we struggled to hold ball and display discipline - he did it all.

His runs were strong and at the larger guys.

so maybe my question was too hard, but ill ask again

spider said:
so, what did you not like about andersons game last night?
can you answer yourself, or do you need to refer back to stats for a simple question?

since you are so critical here - "do you think ricky stuart would be able to judge a man of the match performance of his own team?"

its in red just in case you accidentally miss the question

stats can be pro or con - debate stats and simmo can look like god

which was a better stat than norrie, nuts, snowden & dougie

ha ha - sharks only had the 1 line break for the entire game - start icing that chin

yes, and it was the second highest stat with only bird above him on 3 TB

you have said nothing - all you have done is regurgitate from NRL stats

and between these two we suffered 5 errors and 2 penalties. Guess how many errors / penalties anderson gave away - none

what? errors / discipline are not key areas?.

In a game that we struggled to hold ball and display discipline - he did it all.

His runs were strong and at the larger guys.

so maybe my question was too hard, but ill ask again

can you answer yourself, or do you need to refer back to stats for a simple question?

since you are so critical here - "do you think ricky stuart would be able to judge a man of the match performance of his own team?"

its in red just in case you accidentally miss the question

I asked you to say why Anderson deserved the man of the match award.

I am awaiting a coherent arguement, not the dribble of a member of his fan club waving poms poms.

You're arguements don't stack up.

Anderson man of the match. What bollocks.

Last edited:
Look up the tackle breaks again. Put the glasses on this time.

Tackle breaks in order

7, 5, 3. Hint these players made more tackle breaks, and all played better games than Anderson

spider

Coach
I asked you to say why Anderson deserved the match award.
ha ha - keep the ice up to your chin

you have asked me a question after avoiding not just my first question, which you answered with your own

but because you dont want to be shown up you avoided the lot by starting to throw your toys out of the cot

come on sheros - "do you think ricky is a good judge of the MOM award of his own team?"

its not a hard question, although NRL stats dont have the anwer for this one...

spider

Coach
I asked you to say why Anderson deserved the man of the match award.
he ran hard and to the line all night while playing for 80

never gave 1 penalty

never made 1 error

at times he was in support and positioned well / ran good lines

he took a large number of hit ups on early tackles to help out the forwards when we struggled

he hit hard defensively

didnt get caught out defensively like some players out there did

did a massive amount of defensive work all night - he tackled his freckle out

he shared his gatorade at half time, then signed autographs to unfortunate children after the game

MOM material hands down

other than the last point, they are my observations from the game, not NRL stats, hence why i gave him my 3 points

so there you go, to appease you i have offered my reasons why i gave him my 3 points. As for calling my choice garbage - thats your opinion, but i didnt offer mine solely because of stat website

now, how about my question sheros???

You haven't even been able to launch an arguement that Anderson was the best of the forwards.

So everthing Sticky says you follow eh?

Why was his game better than Seymour's? Try some idependent thinking.

spider

Coach
You haven't even been able to launch an arguement that Anderson was the best of the forwards.
of course you can show me where i said he was the best of the forwards

So everthing Sticky says you follow eh?
still avoiding the question i see, credibility zero

making yourself look even worse by avoiding questions by asking questions sheros

"do you think stuart is a good judge of a mom performance?"

he ran hard and to the line all night while playing for 80

never gave 1 penalty

we only gave away four penalties all game.

never made 1 error

neither did 8 other Sharks, a disciplined performance

at times he was in support and positioned well / ran good lines

Other Sharks players did this and actually looked dangerous. He made a whopping 78 metres, no offloads, no line breaks.

he took a large number of hit ups on early tackles to help out the forwards when we struggled

Fair enough, I saw Gallen, Bird, Norrie do this and more effectively.

He hit hard defensively

He wasn't the only forwawrd to do so.

didnt get caught out defensively like some players out there did

The Warriors only scored one try.

did a massive amount of defensive work all night - he tackled his freckle out

That seems to be a limited role that he is successful at. Good on him for improving in that area of his game this year.

he shared his gatorade at half time, then signed autographs to unfortunate children after the game

Nice bloke, but not MOM

now, how about my question sheros???

It wouldn't be the first time Stuart was wrong about something since coaching the Sharks. Like sending Seymour to bush footy.

I watched the game an in my opinion Seymour was the MOM.

I remember the coaches giving awards in Chatter magazine when I played with the Miranda Magpies. Often given to blokes who needed encouragement to improve llike Ando does.

Last edited:

spider

Coach
we only gave away four penalties all game.
ahem - would you like to borrow those glasses you told me to use?

neither did 8 other Sharks, a disciplined performance
i'll tell you what, since i actually gave 'my' reasons, why dont you offer 'your' reasons as to why these 8 other players are more deserving, as opposed to teh old "because i say so"

That seems to be a limited role that he is successful at. Good on him for improving in that area of his game this year.
thats right, you are an ando hater from last year

ha ha - now i know where this is coming from

i also noticed that in the entire thread you are the only person who awarded a point to bird, but i guess the rest of the people who posted were just posting garbage hey sheros?

do you think ricky is a good judge of a mom award?

I watched the game an in my opinion Seymour was the MOM.
why dont you suprise me sheros and tell why you think he was mom. Just like i did, can you give me your observations to seymours mom performance.

see if you can do so without using stats like i did

spider

Coach
Nope, I don't think he is much of a coach at all.

Happy?
actually you want to know the funny part sheros

i wouldn't have a clue who he thought was best on field last night

but it was hilarious seeing it take so many times to be asked before you would answer it

as for him not being a good coach, thats your opinion, and i would hazard a guess its popularity would be likened to you giving bird 1 point for last night - sole aquisition

FTR he is the best coach we have had in a decade, has coached an NRL premiership, coached S.O.O, and is now the National coach

my opinion is that your opinion could be off the mark

spider

Coach
sheros - what was it of busters performance that you think was mom

try it without using stats
i know your oversight would have been accidental, but none the less sheros your didnt give you thoughts

why dont you suprise me sheros and tell why you think he was mom. Just like i did, can you give me your observations to seymours mom performance.

In my opinion Lang is a better coach than Stuart.

I think that Seymour (that master coach Stuart, and expert judge of all man of the match awards, sent to play park football!) played another blinder. He would have to be close to the form 5/8 of the comp in my opinion.

Agreat passing and kicking game which was pin point, and led to tries, something we have missed for so long with Noddy's inoccuous kicking game. His flick pass to Pomeroy was brilliant. His service to the outside backs is one reason that our anaemic attack is starting to look dangerous.
The big Warriors forwards tried to target Seymour. His defence was sound.

Seymour might be the kind of player who could take the Sharks to the semis and beyond.

Some people on here reckon that nothing please me about the Sharks. The form of Seymour does.

spider

Coach
In my opinion Lang is a better coach than Stuart.
ill give stuart his time at sharks first - then hold judgement

Agreat passing and kicking game which was pin point, and led to tries, something we have missed for so long with Noddy's inoccuous kicking game.
his kicks were good, and i agree pin point - but if that first kick for simmos try goes dead then its a brain explosion on tackle 2 in their 10m.

other than that its garbage...