What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 prices

Firey_Dragon

Coach
No i dont think you missed out, pretty sure it didnt happen.

I ceratinly didnt find it and im in the industry that would look.

Oh and get a ps3 instead, ive got both and wondered why i wasted so much time with xbox, not to mention the rings of death twice and constant freezing, oh and the noise!

I can assure you it happened. My mate picked up one at that price. It was the "Gift Giving Frenzy" promotion, most stuff was 20-40% off in store.

Constant freezing? I've never had an xbox freeze on me, and I've had it for 6 years. Best advice you can probably get in selecting consoles is
a. Decide which controller you feel more comfortable with
b. Decide whether you like alot of online or not
c. Decide what exclusives interest you

The reliability between the consoles now is virtually identical.

Danish

Referee
I can assure you it happened. My mate picked up one at that price. It was the "Gift Giving Frenzy" promotion, most stuff was 20-40% off in store.

Constant freezing? I've never had an xbox freeze on me, and I've had it for 6 years. Best advice you can probably get in selecting consoles is
a. Decide which controller you feel more comfortable with
b. Decide whether you like alot of online or not
c. Decide what exclusives interest you

The reliability between the consoles now is virtually identical.

The only real quality difference between the consoles is the noise from the fans on the xbox IMO.

I use my 360 way more than my PS3, largely as a media server, but jesus I would love it if they could get the fans down to even a dull roar at times.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The only real quality difference between the consoles is the noise from the fans on the xbox IMO.

I use my 360 way more than my PS3, largely as a media server, but jesus I would love it if they could get the fans down to even a dull roar at times.

Slims don't have that problem anymore. The old xboxes were damn noisy from time to time though. I personally use my 360 a hell of a lot more, personally because I prefer the controller and I find most sports games seem to have the edge on it. But it's an apples and apples comparison these days, both have very little hardware issues and a big game library that is pretty comparable. The only thing really separating them is the online communities.

redvscotty

First Grade
Just picked up Fifa 12 and BF3 for just over 100$ including express postage!

EB has some decent deals on today - Noticed Skyrim was $64 but ive spent enough already.

redvscotty

First Grade
Deals were for Monday only (or this morning if you got on real early) and they were online only. No instore deals to be had!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
For anyone interested JB Hifi has 4gb xbox slims for $149 at the moment. EB Games are pricematching it as well if you ask.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I dunno about those 4gb ones, you can't play anything off the HDD..

You can pick up the hard drives for around $60 if you look hard enough. The 4gb xboxes are the last remaining reset glitchable slims on the market also.

I actually picked one up just as another foxtel box in my house with the 24 hour NRL channel.

It's a good deal with or without the hard drive, you'll end up getting a 250gb xbox for cheaper than they cost in the store if you buy the parts separately.

Latest posts