What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 prices

Pete Cash

Post Whore
i still go into the dicksmiths i used to work at and ask to see the quit stock list and just pick up cheap shit.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
M$ aren't afraid to release stuff half arsed and then fix it later either.
I'd say that's Microsoft and Sony. The only one with rock solid reliability is Nintendo, but their console is a POS.

The original xbox never had any issues, the PS2 had plenty of faulty lasers and the PS3 isn't immune to faults now either. It's the nature of the console industry, as they get more complex, there are more places for them to break down.

Not quite sure what to think of the 720 based on details so far. Seems like it will be pretty underwhelming.

^this is what the video game industry has become, games being released early to meet deadlines without being fixed or tested.

I blame kids with a disposable income who will just buy another game.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah the kids today back in my day I had to walk 25 kilometres to get a game that cost 100 dollars and I had to basically only get one game a year because my family lived in a hovel

What are you talking about. Surely the people with disposable incomes are the 20 somethings olds like me who just buy up games that I never actually finish.

boxhead

First Grade
I miss the PS2 for many reasons, but certainly one of the bug ones was that every game was released as is and couldn't be updated or patched without re-releases.
Nowadays, developers charge people for "DLC" on the disc and corporations like EA, Activision and Capcom have no credibility and will extort every dollar they can out of customers as a way of showing. "loyalty".

^this is what the video game industry has become, games being released early to meet deadlines without being fixed or tested.

I blame kids with a disposable income who will just buy another game.

I blame the fanboys who support a series/developer/publisher with no care to consequence. This is why we have online passes, day one DLC, paid DLC for shit that's on the disc, day one patches and now possibly paying to unlock certain game modes.

The video game industry is f**ked.

Yeah the kids today back in my day I had to walk 25 kilometres to get a game that cost 100 dollars and I had to basically only get one game a year because my family lived in a hovel

What are you talking about. Surely the people with disposable incomes are the 20 somethings olds like me who just buy up games that I never actually finish.

It was awesome having a great video game shop in the local neighbourhood.

I miss the PS2 for many reasons, but certainly one of the bug ones was that every game was released as is and couldn't be updated or patched without re-releases.
Nowadays, developers charge people for "DLC" on the disc and corporations like EA, Activision and Capcom have no credibility and will extort every dollar they can out of customers as a way of showing. "loyalty".

I f**king hate this.

map packs used to be free, honestly they started charging first on consoles.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The worst kind of DLC is the DLC that has already existed before such as the upcoming Back to Karand maps for BF3 and the upcoming Uncharted 2 maps that Naughty Dog are putting into Uncharted 3

Pathetic

Dragon

Coach
Just a heads up if anyone looking for a new 360 JB are selling the 4gb model for $169, tomorrow only

redvscotty

First Grade
Between 10 - 11 AEDT on Monday 12/12 from EBGAMES online, you'll be able to get:

Xbox 360 250gb
3 months GOld sub to XBOX Live
+
Halo Reach
Fable
Gears of War
Splinter Cell
Rugby League Live (I think)
Gran Turismo (Or some car racing game, looks newish)

$348 with free shipping.

Online only.

Just saw it, seriously considering it.

I'm pretty sure its the latest versions of all the games, someone would have to confirm though.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Between 10 - 11 AEDT on Monday 12/12 from EBGAMES online, you'll be able to get:

Xbox 360 250gb
+
Halo Reach
Fable
Gears of War
Splinter Cell

$348 with free shipping.

Online only.

I'm pretty sure its the latest versions of all the games, someone would have to confirm though.
It's Forza 3, Gran Turismo is on PS3. Forza 3 is about 3 years old, Forza 4 came out about 3 months ago. Still a great game though

It's a good deal. GOW is only GOW 2 though...

You could probably walk into jb hifi and mention that deal and get it cheaper there though.

Xbox 360 250gb
+
Halo Reach
Fable
Gears of War
Splinter Cell

$348 with free shipping.

Online only.

I got the 250 gig 360 with kinect and some games + 3month sub for $330 from JB HI FI a few days ago

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm going to go for the deal above.. and hopefully pick up Fifa 12 for 48 bucks as well for it!

Ausguy

Coach
missed out.... bummed.

No i dont think you missed out, pretty sure it didnt happen.

I ceratinly didnt find it and im in the industry that would look.

Oh and get a ps3 instead, ive got both and wondered why i wasted so much time with xbox, not to mention the rings of death twice and constant freezing, oh and the noise!

Latest posts