What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3P-Address this issue

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Now, first of all i would like to get some things straight. I'm a very proud 3P supporter, extremely happy they got elected - the significant changes they have implemented on arrival have been amazing eg the appointment of Paul Osbourne, listening to the fans etc, Col, Terry have been amazing in their feedback to us fans which we've never had prior - 3P have been the greatest thing ever to have occured in my memory of being a Parramatta supporter - ok so we have that straight, i think most would know how happy and how much i wanted these guys elected.

Now for the rant. I drove down to the game tonight - and wanted to catch up and meet a few of LU members apart from HJ, Jeez etc as i knew i'd see them anyway, unfortunately this never occured, why? because of something which seems so minor yet was able to destroy any chance of meeting and seeing other LU members. So what was the reason RJ you might ask? well, are you ready for it:

- No eftpos facilities

That's is it. I got to the stadium at approximately 6.45pm, i thought i'd get my ticket before going to the Rose and Crown as well as the Leagues club. After waiting 15 minutes in line i made my way to the ticket counter - i asked for a ticket on the Northern Terrance which i always do, as i went to pay for it i reachd for my Eftpos card and proceeded to give it to the lady, she gave me a funny look and said ' we don't accpet bank cards, only credit cards', i was shocked, stunned, pissed off after waiting for a while. Yes i'm aware this isn't 3P's fault as it would fall under the Parramatta stadium trust, but surely they'd be able to tickle them on the balls and ensure that something so basic is implemented in the stadium.

So i went to the Leagues club to go and get money out and thought i'd may as well purchase the ticket there, well, this got even worse. I waited in the Ticketek line for about 20 minutes, and their were only 8 people in front of me. I finally got to the counter - i asked for a ticket to the Northern Terrace, showed my card...and you wouldn't wanna believe it they said the exact thing the lady at the stadium said we don't accpet bank cards, only credit cards'. By this stage it was 7.20pm, i was absolutely livid, i said to the lady ' so if i had 5 children with me, and didn't have an credit card you'd expect me to wak around with $300 in my wallet or possibly more' she said yeah but 'you'd be surprised how many people do it' so f**king what alot of people do? alot of people play scrabble doesn't neccesarily mean that i'm going to play it. I said to the lady ' so you want me to line up for another 20 minutes do you?' but to her credit she was very nice and said ' oh no, we would never do that to you, just give me your mobile number and come around in the shop once you got your money out. So i went and got money out, paid the $2 charge as it wasn't an Commonwealth bank ATM and i was able to get the ticket - all this by 7.25pm.

I got to the ground, extremely pissed off - a moron mother and kid getting in my way as i walked there which i gave them a foul look (hehehehhe hey i was pissed off) entered and went straight to the bar to purchase some drinks - that took another 5 minutes, the girl there couldn't even fold the tray for the beers to go in after she initially forgot to give me the f**king thing in the first place which i ended up folding it myself, 7.35pm game just about to commence.

Look, i thought this deserved it's own thread as i dont want this to be associated with HJ and Jeez thread - serparte issues and the damage has already been done there. HJ and Jeez however saw me standing by the seats extremely annoyed at what had transpired with me after i told them, they are 3P supporters themselves - however were empathetic towards my situation - particulary after travelling an hour and a half to get to the game.

I cannot stress the point enough of what an amazing job 3P have done, but surely in this day and age when even Pizza Hut delivery cars etc have EFTPOs facilities avaliable to them they could implement them at not only the stadium ( well ensure that the trust are made for aware of such a simple thing ) as well as in the leagues club - do they honestly expect people to walk around with hundreds in there pockets? i never there do, and never would i. I'm sorry that i had to post this thread.

Sorry for the whinge.

bartman

Immortal
Yes i'm aware this isn't 3P's fault as it would fall under the Parramatta stadium trust

You can contact the Parra Stadium Trust via http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/content/view/103/68/

The other thread referencing 3P was about some things they'd promised during the election campaign, and are being held to account for. Fair enough imo.

But in dealing with this issue that has arisen since/outside of the election and any promises made, imo we should simply be referring to the Club Board (in it's entireity), not 3P directors specifically.

Brenno75

Juniors
That's strange. My gf and I went today. I bought her a jersey from the supporter outlet outside the stadium and I paid by eftpos. Although my card is a debit card I paid by my savings acc. It seems odd that the tickets couldn't be purchased the same way as merchandise can be.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
That's strange. My gf and I went today. I bought her a jersey from the supporter outlet outside the stadium and I paid by eftpos. Although my card is a debit card I paid by my savings acc. It seems odd that the tickets couldn't be purchased the same way as merchandise can be.

Thats is strange, yeah unbelievable that i couldn't even use my card to access funds in my streamline account - something so minor and wasn't avaliable at either venue - but if i had a credit card....different story.

I still can't believe it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You can contact the Parra Stadium Trust via http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/content/view/103/68/

The other thread referencing 3P was about some things they'd promised during the election campaign, and are being held to account for. Fair enough imo.

But in dealing with this issue that has arisen since/outside of the election and any promises made, imo we should simply be referring to the Club Board (in it's entireity), not 3P directors specifically.

Yep i will be emailing them Bart, but surely they would liase often and could have a quiet word with them about it - even mobile prostitutes have eftpos access - and thats not a joke!

jk13

First Grade
:lol: so let me get this arguement straight, u want more hookers at para stadium so u can access funds?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Just get a VISA debit.

why should I though? should 15 year old kids etc get one too just to go and watch a footy game? sorry but if i can use my keycard to order a pizza, drive thru maccas or use it at $2 shop then surely they could have the facilities avaliable at the club and stadium when you consider how much more a night at the footy costs.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
You could use it, but the chick who served you was too dumb to realise it. If you wouldve swiped it, it wouldve worked.

parra_90

Juniors
why should I though? should 15 year old kids etc get one too just to go and watch a footy game? sorry but if i can use my keycard to order a pizza, drive thru maccas or use it at $2 shop then surely they could have the facilities avaliable at the club and stadium when you consider how much more a night at the footy costs.

The fees are the same as a normal bank account (free for students, but you have to be over 18 to get one anyway) and they are very handy. You can use them on ebay and stuff.

But, yeah it shouldn't be hard to get EFTPOS installed, it's just a phone line and a machine thing.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The fees are the same as a normal bank account (free for students, but you have to be over 18 to get one anyway) and they are very handy. You can use them on ebay and stuff.

But, yeah it shouldn't be hard to get EFTPOS installed, it's just a phone line and a machine thing.

I understand what you're saying - but tbh i've never needed one, nor i doubt young people would be bothered or have the need to get one.

Yep, it's pretty simple, it has to be implemented.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I understand what you're saying - but tbh i've never needed one, nor i doubt young people would be bothered or have the need to get one.

Yep, it's pretty simple, it has to be implemented.

Uhm no, basically every young person and their dog has one if they use ebay or paypal or various other online services and aren't able to earn enough for a credit card. That's odd that an eftpos machine would only accept a credit cards though, unless it was one of those old manual machines that you actually have to fill out and crunch down. I'd say either the girls had no idea or your bank card is linked to a dollarmite account.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
and instead of waiting up in line for 20 + minutes - perhaps maybe atleast have a sign stating whether there is an EFTPOS facility.

Latest posts