What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Perth, Dec 14-18 2017

The Beaver

Juniors
I don’t mind the Marsh selection. He couldn’t score many less runs than Handscomb and he’s a pretty decent bowler.

If they think it’s going to be a pretty batsmen friendly deck, then it’s the way to go.

JJ

Immortal
Hmmmm...

What would you call the way Broad carries on when he takes a wicket, practically dancing down the pitch to get in the dismissed batsman's face?

Passion, sure - but ridiculously immature, imo.
yep, both teams have been pathetic - but as usual Australia has led the way... the whole 'head butt' thing was pathetic

As Haynetrain keeps pointing out, both are pretty ordinary - and clowns like Handscomb who look atrocious should just shut the f**k up and learn to play

Still, enjoyable series, and confirms the ordinary state of test cricket

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The sledging has been embarrassing, learn how to play the game properly before sledging you plonkers.

Reactions: JJ
Hmmmm...

What would you call the way Broad carries on when he takes a wicket, practically dancing down the pitch to get in the dismissed batsman's face?

Passion, sure - but ridiculously immature, imo.

Yup Broad's a tosser. No disagreement there.

I just think Australia should lay off talking about how much they love sledging in the media. It's just constant. We get it, you're a team lead by a couple of smart-arse lil pricks in Smith & Warner.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I just think Australia should lay off talking about how much they love sledging in the media. It's just constant. We get it, you're a team lead by a couple of smart-arse lil pricks in Smith & Warner.

but ok for the poms to do it?

Anderson, very proud of sledging Smith

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/jam...stralia-adelaide-ashes-second-test/2017-12-05

btw if reporters ask about sledging what do you want us to do? they don't ask we aint gonna talk about it

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm personally looking forward to the return of the long levered one.

Will it be no ground big enough for M Marsh, or no hole big enough for the selectors?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I just hope Nein bring Braysaw back for the big occasion, this will be bigger than Donald Trump's ego

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hey JJ, Bobby, Twiz and Parra.

Happy summers to you all.:cool:

JJ your form has been impeccable, I'd like more of your posts but I've been starting to get rsi just from clicking like on the ones I have so far.

typicalfan

Coach
I don’t mind the Marsh selection. He couldn’t score many less runs than Handscomb and he’s a pretty decent bowler.

If they think it’s going to be a pretty batsmen friendly deck, then it’s the way to go.
Marsh has a worse career average than Handscombs series average from what I can see and his bowling is pure dross. Your number 6 needs to be good enough to score a hundred at test level. That was literally the difference in the last test. If it’s a batsman friendly deck why not give Handscomb the chance on it?

Eelectrica

Referee
Seems like there's not a whole lot to the sledging thing anyway. Both sides are doing it a little and both teams need all the help they can get.
Sometimes the players are just having a chat, the media aren't always correct with the conclusions they leap to.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I actually don't mind Broad, tbh - though he does carry on a bit.

I hate sledging, and always have- let your cricket do the talking, ffs.

But it's been an interesting series for an Australian fan - I honestly thought England would win the second Test, or come very close.

I did not expect to see that sort of capitulation.

Bazal

Post Whore
I actually don't mind Broad, tbh - though he does carry on a bit.

I hate sledging, and always have- let your cricket do the talking, ffs.

But it's been an interesting series for an Australian fan - I honestly thought England would win the second Test, or come very close.

I did not expect to see that sort of capitulation.

Sledging is an integral part of cricket. It's as much a mind game as a physical one.

The problem comes when f**kwits like Hayden just straight up abuse players and call it sledging, and dumb shits start to equate abuse with sledging....

JJ

Immortal
Sledging is an integral part of cricket. It's as much a mind game as a physical one.

The problem comes when f**kwits like Hayden just straight up abuse players and call it sledging, and dumb shits start to equate abuse with sledging....
problem is, 95% of it is dumb shit, because 95% of them are dumb shits

Eelementary

Post Whore

I don't mind clever sledges (that sledge about the wife of the bowler giving the batsman a cookie every time they made love was a classic), but referring to the headbutt incident, or straight out abusing someone...

But I've never played the game, at any level above a backyard game with some mates (and o managed to dismiss my mate who played Hills Zone reps with a ripper leg break), but sometimes I reckon the Aussie team should shut up and play cricket.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't mind clever sledges (that sledge about the wife of the bowler giving the batsman a cookie every time they made love was a classic), but referring to the headbutt incident, or straight out abusing someone...

But I've never played the game, at any level above a backyard game with some mates (and o managed to dismiss my mate who played Hills Zone reps with a ripper leg break), but sometimes I reckon the Aussie team should shut up and play cricket.

See I reckon, whilst clever, the cookie sledge crosses the line by referring to family and I have no issue with sledging Bairstow with regards to the headbutt non-incident...

You may have seen on FB that I actually had a headbutt thrown at me on the field a few weeks ago. The bloke managed to get off a suspension somehow...you can bet in Feb when we play them again we'll be sledging him all day about it. We've even started working on them now lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
See I reckon, whilst clever, the cookie sledge crosses the line by referring to family and I have no issue with sledging Bairstow with regards to the headbutt non-incident...

You may have seen on FB that I actually had a headbutt thrown at me on the field a few weeks ago. The bloke managed to get off a suspension somehow...you can bet in Feb when we play them again we'll be sledging him all day about it. We've even started working on them now lol

Haha!

TheParraboy

Staff member

This kinda reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld "the comeback"

"The ocean called theyre running out of shrimp"

then Georges comes back at the next meeting

'the jerk store called and they are running out of you" - no one laughs

Prepare better than George mate :D

Bazal

Post Whore
This kinda reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld "the comeback"

"The ocean called theyre running out of shrimp"

then Georges comes back at the next meeting

'the jerk store called and they are running out of you" - no one laughs

Prepare better than George mate :D

Oh we're much funnier than Seinfeld mate.

Granted, so is being dipped in boiling oil....but still.

Latest posts