What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v England at Sydney Jan 19, 2014

The Eagle

Juniors
lol Ponting was an average skipper, a good leader of men but tactically inept, anyone who doesn't think this has no idea about cricket.

Most test wins in a row (equal)

Your argument is very 'Nickleback are bad because everyone else says they are bad, so there'

The Eagle

Juniors
lol Ponting was an average skipper, a good leader of men but tactically inept, anyone who doesn't think this has no idea about cricket.

Oh yeah and your God Clarke, whilst Ponting was still playing he'd often ask his opinion whilst fielding

typicalfan

Coach
You don't think Punter ever sought the opinion of others? When the best quick in the history of the game injures himself before the toss, you don't bowl first.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Most test wins in a row (equal)

Your argument is very 'Nickleback are bad because everyone else says they are bad, so there'
WTF does a shithouse band have to do with Ponting being tactically inept??? Not a nickel back fan are we??? :lol:

And I think Ponting was an average skipper because everyone else says so???
Lol I think he was an average skipper because I watched him flounder once the great side he was given started to fade. He was negative, unimaginative and struggled once plan A didn't work. As for the 16 test wins in a row he also lost 3 ashes series and the first skipper to lose at home for well over a decade.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh yeah and your God Clarke, whilst Ponting was still playing he'd often ask his opinion whilst fielding
Lehman held Pontings hand for the first 12 months of his captaincy, he sooked because Lehman wasn't picked on the 05 ashes tour which we lost. I wonder why that was so???

He also never sought advice from Gilly, Hayden, Warne and McGrath??? Lol. You haven't a clue I told you already you have no idea about cricket.

The Eagle

Juniors
WTF does a shithouse band have to do with Ponting being tactically inept??? Not a nickel back fan are we??? :lol:

And I think Ponting was an average skipper because everyone else says so???
Lol I think he was an average skipper because I watched him flounder once the great side he was given started to fade. He was negative, unimaginative and struggled once plan A didn't work. As for the 16 test wins in a row he also lost 3 ashes series and the first skipper to lose at home for well over a decade.

It's popular to dislike Ponting just like it's popular to dislike Nickleback

I'm implying you don't have your own brain and are jumping on the hate wagon because it's popular

How many captains have lost 5 top line players all at once?
How would Clarke be if Haddin,Johnson, Warner, Harris and Lyon all pulled the plug after this series

I'll tell you 1 thing, it wouldn't be asked how many wins we can get in SA the question would instead be how many draws can we force in the next 3 years of total mediocrity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nickel back are a shithouse band and Ponting was an average skipper there is no amount of dribble that you can spout will change that. So it's not fair to count Pontings record after he lost those players??? But it is ok to count his record after he was handed arguably the greatest side ever???

Ponting was handed the keys to a Ferrari and handed over Clarke a Datsun 180b, and it also fair for Clarke to cop it after the mess he inherited from Ponting???

:lol: give up champ you know SFA about cricket, maybe checkers is more your go??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's popular to dislike Ponting just like it's popular to dislike Nickleback

I'm implying you don't have your own brain and are jumping on the hate wagon because it's popular

How many captains have lost 5 top line players all at once?
How would Clarke be if Haddin,Johnson, Warner, Harris and Lyon all pulled the plug after this series

I'll tell you 1 thing, it wouldn't be asked how many wins we can get in SA the question would instead be how many draws can we force in the next 3 years of total mediocrity
How would he go if he lost 5 players at once. Not sure but he did a much better than Ponting did with the average side Ponting handed over.

Last edited:

The Eagle

Juniors
Nickel back are a shithouse band and Ponting was an average skipper there is no amount of dribble that you can spout will change that. So it's not fair to count Pontings record after he lost those players??? But it is ok to count his record after he was handed arguably the greatest side ever???

Ponting was handed the keys to a Ferrari and handed over Clarke a Datsun 180b, and it also fair for Clarke to cop it after the mess he inherited from Ponting???

:lol: give up champ you know SFA about cricket, maybe checkers is more your go??

So if the Ferrari blows it's engine and due to a parts shortage had the engine of a 180b in its place it's Schumacher's fault the car is slow?

Wut?

Last edited:

The Eagle

Juniors
How would he go if he lost 5 players at once. Not sure but he did a mug better than Ponting did with the average side Ponting handed over.

He was doing an equal job until we f**ked the saffa coach off....boofs influence on pups side cannot be ignored

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was doing an equal job until we f**ked the saffa coach off....boofs influence on pups side cannot be ignored
you miss us win in Sri Lanka draw in South Africa and us sweep India 4 zip???

You are a dribbler with no idea, no facts or clue to back up your statements just more dribble.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So if the Ferrari blows it's engine and due to a parts shortage had the engine of a 180b in its place it's Schumacher's fault the car is slow?

Wut?
Its not all his fault but my point he was handed a great side and it all turned to shit but it's not his fault, but you are happy to bag Clarke who got handed a shit sandwich. You are a Clarke hater who continually looks clueless without anything to back up you statements.

But but but Nickelback are a great band and Ponting did win 16 in a row once :lol:

The Eagle

Juniors
you miss us win in Sri Lanka draw in South Africa and us sweep India 4 zip???

You are a dribbler with no idea, no facts or clue to back up your statements just more dribble.

Are you talking to yourself because you haven't presented one fact and all you've done is repeat news limited drivel

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Are you talking to yourself because you haven't presented one fact and all you've done is repeat news limited drivel
News limited dribble??? :lol:

So Ponting didn't lose 3 Ashes series???

Wasn't the first Aussie skipper to lost at home in Nearly 15 years???

He didn't send England in at edgbaston after our best quick rolled his ankle in warm ups while we we had the greatest leggie of all time in the side???

Are these facts made up by News and me because we have a Ponting vendetta?? :lol:

I didn't say he was a terrible captain just an average one, you are the one who chucked a Hissy fit because you don't agree with it.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Again though Ponting was handed the keys of an aging breaking down Ferrari. I agree he was too negative but whoever was captain would have ended up with a worse side.

Edit

Obviously Clarke is a better captain imo. Clarke is a very good captain for mine though.

The Eagle

Juniors
Again though Ponting was handed the keys of an aging breaking down Ferrari. I agree he was too negative but whoever was captain would have ended up with a worse side.

Edit

Obviously Clarke is a better captain imo. Clarke is a very good captain for mine though.

Thank you

I wouldn't say he was negative like Cook just cautious

Clarke is clearly more aggressive but I'll withhold judgements on whose better until pup hands over his Ferrari with a rebuilt blueprinted turbocharged 180b engine

His aggression gives his side more belief butaggression is a double edged sword

The Eagle

Juniors
News limited dribble??? :lol:

So Ponting didn't lose 3 Ashes series???

Wasn't the first Aussie skipper to lost at home in Nearly 15 years???

He didn't send England in at edgbaston after our best quick rolled his ankle in warm ups while we we had the greatest leggie of all time in the side???

Are these facts made up by News and me because we have a Ponting vendetta?? :lol:

I didn't say he was a terrible captain just an average one, you are the one who chucked a Hussey fit because you don't agree with it.

Could anyone have stayed successful losing 2 of the greatest once in a generation players at once

You're totally underwriting what Boofs influence has done with this side

You subscribe to popularist theories because Rebecca Wilson is your goddess

Thar pitch was greener than the baggy f**king green, so McGrath was injured who cares what's wrong with all the other bowlers? Can't they bowl without McGrath holding their hands? That game lead directly to that Melbourne shemmozle that we pulled out of our asses

Is Clarke better? He was no better under the saffa than Ponting was

This 5 zip to me belongs to Boof and a lot of those failures of both Clarke and Ponting belong to that dumb saffa and Inverarity the dumb old prick, resting players from a test side wtf was that

I'll go on the record and say that resting Clarke and Haddin in the last 2 games of this series is geniused

Leave them out of the t20 hit and giggle shit please

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Edit

I never said it was all his fault, yes he was handed an ageing side and whatever he handed to Clarke was never going to be as good as the team he was given. It wasn't possible, but he is not without blame, selectors, and idiotic decisions from cricket Australia didn't help his cause.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Could anyone have stayed successful losing 2 of the greatest once in a generation players at once

You're totally underwriting what Boofs influence has done with this side

You subscribe to popularist theories because Rebecca Wilson is your goddess

Thar pitch was greener than the baggy f**king green, so McGrath was injured who cares what's wrong with all the other bowlers? Can't they bowl without McGrath holding their hands? That game lead directly to that Melbourne shemmozle that we pulled out of our asses

Is Clarke better? He was no better under the saffa than Ponting was

This 5 zip to me belongs to Boof and a lot of those failures of both Clarke and Ponting belong to that dumb saffa and Inverarity the dumb old prick, resting players from a test side wtf was that

I'll go on the record and say that resting Clarke and Haddin in the last 2 games of this series is geniused

Leave them out of the t20 hit and giggle shit please
Yeah I base my opinions on what Rebecca Wilson tells me :lol: nothing to do with me watching and playing the game for over 30 years you f**kingn stupid cretin.

The pitch in 05 was a green seamer??? Lol it did absolutely nothing that wicket it shows you didn't even watch that game you are arguing about. England scored 400 in a day on they green top lol.

Blaming Arthur for Ponting failures lol. He was never coach when Ponting was captain, you are absolutely clueless with no idea what you are talking about.

The 5 nil win isn't all about Clarke no one on here ever said it was, Boof has done a fantastic job and so has Billy McDermott. Stick to listening to Nickelback :lol: