What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Brisbane Jan 18, 2013

skeepe

Immortal
And there it is from Clarke... "we took 6 wickets."

They threw them away because the target was so small you f**king moron! I guarantee if SL are chasing 200, they don't lose half the wickets they do.

undertaker

Coach
ROFL at Clarkey saying their performance was very poor. Very poor? They got bloody rissoled for 74! And also him saying that if ure not fit u can't be selected. Well didn't Henriques injure his hand before the game game and yet got chosen?

Now I can see why there's no post match presentation....so ch9 can go straight to A CURRENT AFFAIR. I'm sure Tracey wouldve been hoping to relish her day off work and ch9 called her up at the last minute when Australia was bowled out

skeepe

Immortal
And so he should! About time the Pommy git was made to earn his money at Ch9 instead of kissing up to the Aussies arses. Probably the best interview he's ever done.

It'll probably be the last time he's allowed to... Clarke did not look happy with the line of questioning at all.

vvvrulz

Coach

They threw them away because the target was so small you f**king moron! I guarantee if SL are chasing 200, they don't lose half the wickets they do.

This.

Those wickets were mainly freebies, hated how they talked up Johnson like he turned the match. There was no match.

IanG

Coach

Exactly. Sri Lanka were trying to knock off the runs quickly so they could go out raging and parying.

Hallatia

Referee
Anyone playing Poms and Aussies
that's an ambiguously poor response.
it looks like you were saying Australia and anyone playing the Poms.
If you meant anyone playing the Poms or Australia, you worded that pretty badly.

I thought you might be a Protea like me, but now I think you might just be an idiot

undertaker

Coach
One of the weirdest games of cricket i've ever seen..

That last 30 minutes was truly bizzare..

They forgot how to bat..We forgot how to play all together..

The Lankans putting the cap on Spider Cam was worth a lol..

A bunch of faux pas committed by Clarkey. The decision to not bowl Johnson after the break still baffles me

undertaker

Coach
Coincidentally, the last time a day/night ODI in Australia finished in daylight was also at the Gabba - November 2010 vs Sri Lanka IIRC.

You know, 5 years ago you could easily predict 8 or 9 players out of 11 who would be picked for each game, now you would struggle to predict 4 or 5. Players need continuity to perform at their peek. I honestly think it would be difficult to get urself up for each match when 70% of the team don't know if they will be rotated. It is just messy.

Xfactor1979

Bench
If only the Faf could have made 9 in Brisbane. It might still be playing test cricket.....

*Sarcasm* But Quiney is one of the most determined characters in sport

and im determined to make everyone on this forum like me

DETERMINED!!!!!!!!!

DETERMINATION!

I AM DETERMINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoozer

Bench
That was f**king atrocious.

Lost a lot of respect for Clarke today when mentioned the 6 wickets! Does he think we're f**kwits?

The last thing we need is more f**king apologists. We are shite, there is no use sugar coating it.

Pick the best 11 and be done with it. Rotate when someone is shite or they're injured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts