What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia vs South Africa SCG 23rd Jan 2009

IanG

Coach
I still think it's disappointing that the Tri-Series is gone. Alot of people refered to tri series played elsewhere round the world as Micky Mouse tournaments, just sad that the one that started it all has now been consigned to the waste paper basket.

Kerry would be turning in his grave that his baby is now gone.

beads6

First Grade
The selectors see White as cover for Roy because they are both big hitters.. White is hardly a freckle on roys arse though. IMO Haddin needs to bat at 4 so he can have a decent innings and if he gets going it will be great to watch..

Hanscholo

Bench
Why is Cameron White even in that side? Im not dissing his ability, because i've been unable to see much of it. Clearly he can strike a ball and did well in the 20's ( one game at least ). Apparently he bowls...I dont know why we pick all rounders and then dont bowl them, if they were genuine all rounders in the class of a Botham etc they'd be taking the new ball. So why do we insist on picking all rounders when we could just toss another batsman in with bowling ability, katich for instance.

Seems to me the selectors and ponting dont see eye to eye tactically.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont mind White as a batsman, he has some pretty good innings

I'd like him to be a bit more consistent but in reality, he is only there because Roy is injured

aqua_duck

Coach
White has done nothing for australia in any form of the game, he's played for australia on 31 occasions in all forms, has batted in 27 innings and is yet to hit a half century in any form of the game. He's played in 23 one dayers and only bowled in 14 of them for a grand total of 9 wickets at an economy rate of over 6 runs an over.

In summary White is rubbish with the bat, and rubbish with the ball

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warner is a better option with the ball than White, and White was our test Spinner in India :?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just put up so people can flame me:

cbseries3.jpg

:)

NK Arsenal

Juniors
[furrycat];5361387 said:
Well they do need a rest of some sort mate :p Fast bowlers won't want to back up and play 5 games in 5 days. The first one had a game of 2 days- they always got a certain day break in the tri series but there was always the nuffy game played inbetween.

True,

But I'm getting bored without my cricket fix. :( lol

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Looking forward to this. Will be somewhere in the Brewongle Stand. We'd better win :fist:

Latest posts