What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia vs South Africa SCG 23rd Jan 2009

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How badly do we suck ATM???? With the start we had 300 should have been the total. Shocking bowling bar Bracken and the less said about the fileding the better. Outplayed,outcoached and out captained.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Am i the only one who finds it annoying how the commentators continually talk up Johnson likes he's some sort of global superstar because of that one 8-for?

Granted it was a good performance, but it was the only one in 6 innings against the Saffas. And yet now everytime he comes on to bowl the commentators talk him up as some sort of massive threat who has "terrorised" South Africa this summer.

And dont even get me started about how the dickhead thinks he's kingsh*t by gobbing off at the batsmen every second ball and giving them the big stare. It seems as though all this fake hype about him has gotten to his head.
One innings in Perth and wickets against a club strength NZ and he is Wasim Akram the 2nd. Granted he is talented and could become a great test bowler but he has a hell of a long way to go.....

marsh has to be the most boring cricketer i've ever seen

prod here
poke there
no run over here

FMD

thank god for warner

all you Victorians can stick warner's innings up the clacker

hopes is ordinary

tait is the worst fielder i've ever seen and he makes walsh look like mark waugh

and now the great man

nathan hauritz

not only is a sob crying bitch who sounds the part of the nice person he looks like but he genuinely believes he is an asset to the team - confirmed through his own words

ANY team with hauritz in it is a failure

congrats to south africa though ... came back well with the ball and blazed with the bat

gregstar

Referee
good to see people accepting of our postion atm.

we're struggling to rebuild but i'm sure the team will take heart from all the positive comments being proffered on here.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we needed another 50 runs and some one who could actually spin the ball

our middle order needs to stand up

Warner certainly answered some critics, without him it would not have even been close

Meth

Staff member
marsh has to be the most boring cricketer i've ever seen

He is a boring cricketer at times, but I don't see how anybody could have any complaints about Marsh at the moment. He's a long way from being the problem in your team- in fact, in this series, he's probably been your best

beads6

First Grade
AUssies are playing dumb cricket IMO we all know they are in a rebuilding stage and I can hack it if they lose because they are not good enough but when they play like geniuss and give away the win you can't help but be pissed off... Ring in the changes IMO give Hussey a break send him to the nets and teach his brother how to catch..

Bigfella

Coach
Bracken and Tait have been excellent. On Tait I would bowl him less on those middle spells where he doen't seem to understand his role as well.

He has been genuinely intimidating with the new ball. He has also been dangerous at the death when he gets reverse and bowls fast yorkers. Has generally picked up a valuable wicket at that stage.

He could have done anything last night if the first two catches are taken.

Worst fielder in first class cricket in Australia, but if yo create 3-4 wicket chances in your 10 overs it is pretty handy.

Johnson will improve and actually bowled some brilliant deliveries last night.

Rotation policy - am I correct that 3 of our main bowlers last night didn;t play the last game, plus there was a longer break between games. Nt sure that helped.

Why did D Hussey not bowl one over? Did we not watch the SA bowling innings where the slow bowlers did all the damage? We bowled our fast bowlers at Herschelle with the new ball when he loves it comingon and moving away from him, and their fast bowles all bowled beter with the older ball?

The tactics were as brainless as the batting.

TBH personnel didn't cost us as much as dumb cricket last night.

It's a decent squad. Need a proper spinner, and need to understand that D Hussey is actually a better bowler than Hauritz anyway.

IanG

Coach
I know there were a couple of imbos who ran onto the field last night but did anybody who started that stink in the crowd get ejected?

Ali's Choice

Juniors
Australia's issues are with their bowling, not batting. That was a defendable score yet in the end if Saffers did it easily. Kallis and Gibbs looked like they were batting against schoolboys, as did Morkel and Boucher at the end.

Meth

Staff member
Australia's issues are with their bowling, not batting. That was a defendable score yet in the end if Saffers did it easily. Kallis and Gibbs looked like they were batting against schoolboys, as did Morkel and Boucher at the end.

True to an extent- their chief issue is their bowling. But their middle order batting must be of concern to them as well- particularly Mike Hussey, Hopes and Haddin

IanG

Coach
Ali's Choice has a point, that was a record run chase at the SCG to win so a score of 270 normally should be defendable.

no issues with the batting?

2 /144 off 22 overs and to be bowled out for 269 off nearly the full quota shows issues ... we had a platform laid and all they needed to do was knock it around but instead they found ways to get themselves out like they have done all series

we had 320 written all over the cards and we should have scored atleast 290 and in every one day game so far we've fallen 30 runs short of where we should have been

we miss andrew symonds plain and simple because after ponting we don't have any dynamic batting that can change a game

aussies1st

Staff member
It's a bit of both, that was not a 269 pitch especially after the start we got. As for defending totals well we have to get use needing to set higher totals as our bowling has shown that defending par totals is a lot harder.

Gaba

First Grade
No ponting needs alot of lessons how to be a thinking captain and not allowing easy runs as he did, for example in the power play where it is suppose to be harder for the batting team to get quick or easy singles with most of the fielders in the circle.
But guess what happen the batsmen were still getting those easy singles and ponting done not a darn thing to replace the fielders who werent doing thier job.

The selectors needs a good kick in the arse and new selectors need to be put in , and ffs take the captaincy off ponting he never had a cricket thinking brain , keep in as an batsmen and fielder

Latest posts