What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia vs South Africa SCG 23rd Jan 2009

IanG

Coach
Morkel holes out, but it's all over. 5 to get off 4 overs

yeah the damage was already done.

Thats a record winning run chase at the SCG. Think they might have been right when they said on ABC Radio that perhaps Tait dropped the chance for Australia to take a 2-1 lead.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
1. Warner
2. Marsh
3. Ponting
4. Dighton
5. M. Hussey
6. Ronchi ( but haddin wont be dropped as he is usually solid)
7. White (yes i know a Victorian but if we going to have a sh*t spin might as well have one that can use the bat)
8. Hilfenhaus
9. Johnson
10. Bollinger
11. Bracken

Meth

Staff member
Warner was excellent. Marsh was good, though never settled.

Ponting and M. Hussey threw their wickets away.

Haddin no good with bat or gloves

Hopes ineffective with bat and ball

D Hussey ok with the bat, horrible in the field.

All the bowlers bar Bracken terrible.

Not much to be excited about for you blokes after about the 25th over of the first innings

Tommy Smith

Referee
Am i the only one who finds it annoying how the commentators continually talk up Johnson likes he's some sort of global superstar because of that one 8-for?

Granted it was a good performance, but it was the only one in 6 innings against the Saffas. And yet now everytime he comes on to bowl the commentators talk him up as some sort of massive threat who has "terrorised" South Africa this summer.

And dont even get me started about how the dickhead thinks he's kingsh*t by gobbing off at the batsmen every second ball and giving them the big stare. It seems as though all this fake hype about him has gotten to his head.

Meth

Staff member
If I were axing players, Hopes, Hauritz and Tait would go. Johnston given the benefit of the doubt, but he needs to perform in the next game.

M. Hussey should probably be under as much pressure as D. Hussey, if not more

Tommy Smith

Referee
Dom Thornley is better than Hopes.

I still dont mind Tait. He fields like Tufnell but he's still pretty dangerous with the ball. In fairness he should have had two wickets in the opening over.

IanG

Coach
Seems it was both the cricket and the tennis tonight. There was the Chair fighting at the Australian Open. But there was a stink in the crowd and a couple of donkies who ran onto the field.

Whoever's idea it was to move Hussey away from the number 7 spot should be shot. He's a great finisher, and unlike Hopeless, he can actually find the boundary at the death.

Latest posts