What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Hamilton on Feb 5, 2017

JJ

Immortal
So what you're saying is that your batsmen and bowlers play better at home? Yet if Australians do that they're dismissed as flat track bullies and you head off to watch the tennis. Interesting.
If you paid attention, our bats were much the same - it was our bowlers who were better - and your flat track bullies weren't performing the flat track heroics - and I don't think that changes all that much if Warner came

And Khawaja - LOL - rotate him all you like, we rotated Nicholls LMAO - Khawaja hasn't necessarily been a lock in the ODI team

JJ

Immortal
Shown more with the bat esp in tests than Santner, Anderson and devGrandhomme combined

Meth

Staff member
Shown more with the bat esp in tests than Santner, Anderson and devGrandhomme combined

oh, I agree...I have said before that I would have Neesham at 6 ahead of all of those guys in both formats

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Would you have Faulkner is the ODI side as a bowling-allrounder? It seems to me that although he isn't really performing with the bat, he's going pretty well with the ball. With Warner and Smith in the side, he seems like a decent 7.
Faulkner is fine at 7 with a strong top 6, but yesterday our top 6 was not strong or not even average. Selectors really have no clue.

Hutty1986

Immortal
If you paid attention, our bats were much the same - it was our bowlers who were better - and your flat track bullies weren't performing the flat track heroics - and I don't think that changes all that much if Warner came

And Khawaja - LOL - rotate him all you like, we rotated Nicholls LMAO - Khawaja hasn't necessarily been a lock in the ODI team

So Warner wouldn't have made any difference at all?

blaza88z

Coach

You're saying Khawaja and Nicholls are on par with each other then, Khawaja would be a lock in that NZ team

blaza88z

Coach
Would you have Faulkner is the ODI side as a bowling-allrounder? It seems to me that although he isn't really performing with the bat, he's going pretty well with the ball. With Warner and Smith in the side, he seems like a decent 7.

He had a good series with the bat in India a few years ago, slogged a few to the on-side at the Gabba to get us a miraculous win but outside of that he's done f**k all with the bat, I think it went to his head actually, he is labelled "the finisher" and I have heard that was a title that he gave himself

Iafeta

Referee
We also rested Oozie. Those top 3 make a pretty big difference.

We didn't deserve to win with the team we sent over there, should teach our selectors a lesson, picking Hazelett was unbelievable.

Usmans a flat track bully. He's Graeme Hick v2.0.

JJ

Immortal
So Warner wouldn't have made any difference at all?
Not saying that, but it's a pointless exercise - he wasn't there - these discussions sound like you accuse us of being when we're towelled up... at the end of the day Smith was hurt, for whatever reason you rested Warner, and we swept you. Yes, Khawaja would be in a full strength squad too, but not necessarily playing...

We've done well in ODIs at home against everyone recently, and have a good chance against anyone in this format

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not saying that, but it's a pointless exercise - he wasn't there - these discussions sound like you accuse us of being when we're towelled up... at the end of the day Smith was hurt, for whatever reason you rested Warner, and we swept you. Yes, Khawaja would be in a full strength squad too, but not necessarily playing...

We've done well in ODIs at home against everyone recently, and have a good chance against anyone in this format
2-0 in a 3 game series isn't a sweep, unless nz disguised themselves as puddles.

Iafeta

Referee
Sweep means one team takes the series without a win against them. I know we weren't playing against the might of Joe Mennie or Xavier Doherty or Peter Forrest or whoever else was "rested" but do be it, it's a sweep.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sweep means one team takes the series without a win against them. I know we weren't playing against the might of Joe Mennie or Xavier Doherty or Peter Forrest or whoever else was "rested" but do be it, it's a sweep.
You Merkins are just Lucky Doolan and Bobby Quiney were busy.

JJ

Immortal
Great to see Taylor playing well

Boult showing good signs too, and Williamson was proactive and smart I thought

People always overestimate scores on our grounds, against an excellent attack thosebwere two solid efforts

Last edited:

Latest posts