What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd party Agreement

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
Come on Fitzy give john williams a cushy job behind the bar 10 hours a week and pay him the extra we need to keep him.We cant let him go.Michael Hagan show us u actually have some wheels and do what it takes.Tuesday is deadline time its not to late.

Hellsy

Immortal
:lol: :lol: :lol: classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
in all seriousness, i was told last week that this is one area the club really struggles in comparason to other clubs and as a consequence to that, we need to be paying overs to our marquee players whilst other clubs like Manly, roosters, Souths and saints don't appear to have that same problem.

El Diablo

Post Whore
in all seriousness, i was told last week that this is one area the club really struggles in comparason to other clubs and as a consequence to that, we need to be paying overs to our marquee players whilst other clubs like Manly, roosters, Souths and saints don't appear to have that same problem.

so what's the advantage in spening money on juniors?

Nikki

Coach
I used to love the days when you would go to the Leaguesy and you had the likes of Adam Wheeler roaming around doing maintenece stuff, Wade L'Estrange would bring drinks to the Pokies (just to name a couple). It really made you feel you were at a Leagues Club that cared about its players.

fish eel

Immortal
yes I agree...it is a major issue.

I think the game may have moved on perhaps in regards to developing juniors, and unless we're preprared to take punts on kids making the step up, the Tony Williams wont be the last good one we'll lose and we need to start looking at other clubs hot kids as well.

That being said, Williams should have been tied up long ago....we all knew what a talent he was.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think the game may have moved on perhaps in regards to developing juniors, and unless we're preprared to take punts on kids making the step up, the Tony Williams wont be the last good one we'll lose and we need to start looking at other clubs hot kids as well.

That being said, Williams should have been tied up long ago....we all knew what a talent he was.

yes..we need to fight fire with fire..but our club are too gutless and weak to be doing that...we no longer have a backbone in the front office to compete...that may be extremely harsh..but that's just how it appears to be at the moment.

El Diablo

Post Whore
yes I agree...it is a major issue.

and to top it off all we hear about is the AFL spending millions in Sydneys west and the pokie tax

so Parra and Penrith have to compete with that as well as clubs like Manly stealing their players

it's time clubs like Parra and Penrith threatned the NRL saying they deserve concessions for developing juniors or they'll just quit doing it and let AFL take over the area

Gallop may soon come to his senses

Stagger eel

Staff member
and to top it off all we hear about is the AFL spending millions in Sydneys west and the pokie tax

so Parra and Penrith have to compete with that as well as clubs like Manly stealing their players

it's time clubs like Parra and Penrith threatned the NRL saying they deserve concessions for developing juniors or they'll just quit doing it and let AFL take over the area

ED the club is already cutting funding to the juniors by about 1.4 mill a season....Gallop's an idiot yes man, he wouldn't even think it was an issue.

fish eel

Immortal
yes..we need to fight fire with fire..but our club are too gutless and weak to be doing that...we no longer have a backbone in the front office to compete...that may be extremely harsh..but that's just how it appears to be at the moment.

seems we have always had a 'bottom up' structure to recruitment and development, bring the kids through and supplement them with recruits. Seems the game as a hole is now top down....and perhaps we need to change our philosphy and accept that basically, nobody gives a **** about lower grades or NYC....

it's time clubs like Parra and Penrith threatned the NRL saying they deserve concessions for developing juniors or they'll just quit doing it
and let AFL take over the area

We'll stop what? Developing juniors? Yeah right.

Clubs like Manly can only 'steal' someone like Williams is we let them and he isnt signed up?

Incidently, where os Tony Williams from? A true local junior ala Feleti, or did we spot and pinch him from elsewhere?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Tony was and always has been ours. Was a Cabra Vale Kooka (same as Mick Vella) until a few years ago then went to Cabra.