What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v England at Perth Dec 13-17, 2013

undertaker

Coach
I am fairly confident Swann would be terrified of bowling on this deck. Has 0/100 written all over it.

Another reason why, being 2-0 down in the series, the Poms needed to go for the jugular in this match, take a gamble and play 4 frontline pace bowlers and omit both Swann and Panesar. The decision to play Swann could come back to hurt them.

8Ball

First Grade
I thought Rankin would have been a good selection for this test..Bowls in the mid 140s..plenty of bounce.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well he did suggest Beer would become a great test bowler.

He's becoming more mild with his tard moments

Timbo

Staff member
The thing I've noticed in the County Championship in recent times is how many sides have all-out medium pace attacks.

There are only a handful of genuine pace bowlers in England, and they're the guys who can take advantage of decks in Australia/NZ/South Africa.

The difference between their attacks this tour and last tour is pace. All of them are seriously down on it.

undertaker

Coach
The thing I've noticed in the County Championship in recent times is how many sides have all-out medium pace attacks.

There are only a handful of genuine pace bowlers in England, and they're the guys who can take advantage of decks in Australia/NZ/South Africa.

The difference between their attacks this tour and last tour is pace. All of them are seriously down on it.

The thing that England and New Zealand both have in common: if they're not playing on

1) a rank greentop (like the Hobart test in 2011) or
2) there's no natural swing in the air (England are aided with this in their home conditions using the Duke ball instead of the Kookaburra)

their fast bowlers have absolutely nothing. I've noticed so far this series that the Poms haven't been able to extract the swing they were able to last time around in 2010/11. I remember Bresnan and Anderson were getting the ball to boomerang a lot in the air.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Oh ffs...

I'm starting to come around on Watson.

This is a 500 wicket. The middle order can't keep expecting Clarke and Haddin to score 400 of them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
REVIEW!
REVIEW!
REVIEW!

Shit again from Watson, proving he deserves to be dropped.