What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test - Australia v England @ Old Trafford

JJ

Immortal
Willow said:
Could have been worst for England. Depsite all the Oz stuff ups, they still got 5 wickets. Strong batting pitch.
What odds on a draw?

good chance of a draw, equally good chance of an England and Wales win...

Scott

Bench
These test don't end in draws. It doesn't matter how flat the pitch is, these 2 twos always find something extra.

In saying that Manchester is a hole of a city in regards its weather.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Willow said:
Could have been worst for England. Depsite all the Oz stuff ups, they still got 5 wickets. Strong batting pitch.
What odds on a draw?

only if we keep dropping catches

I can't remmember us ever dropping so many

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
only if we keep dropping catches

I can't remmember us ever dropping so many

looks quite similar to the India series in Aust -the Aussies dropped numerous catches and good players made them pay - two differences -

one in your favour - you have McGrath and Warne in this series,

and one against you
In the India series your batsmen scored runs!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
freddie will make us pay today, i can feel it, ponting has been having a shocker of a series, by his captaincy, 4 things he did wrong in this game so far:

1.When binga bowled strauss, he was replaced by dizzy the next over, Lee should have had a crac at Vaughan considering Lee has bowled him twice out of 4 inns.

2.Not giving Warney a bowl until th 34th over, persisting with Dizzy, warney should have come on 20 mins before lunch.

3.Giving Kato a bowl with Ian Bell frsh at the crase

4. His Field Placemts throught out the match

Tommy Smith

Referee
Great stuff from Vaughan! Shame about the ridiculou dismmissal though which has given the Aussies an opening.

But thats the phenomenal batsman all Englishmen have come to love. He got the luck he needed and took full advantage, looking like the batsman we saw down under who would have made Wally Hammond proud.

B.L.L.G

Retired
My bet did no good.

I'm down the toilet already.

I should'a took that Sharks fan tip and not bet on that option at all.

Wanna know what the problem is?

I'm not respecting the Poms. And I don't think our cricket team is either. It's as simple as that.

We're not paying them their dues.

We're still under estimating them and not respecting them and they're killing us big time..

We should have been prepared for the uprise of other teams. We're not.

Who would have thought that the West Indies would turn into one of the crappest teams today.
Perhaps we're following their lead now.

Is this the future of Cricket?

Our mind sets have to adjust that England are now becoming a force.
We've been too arrogant for too long. This had to happen sooner or later.

I think it'll be good for us.

I point the finger at Pontying, Hayden and Gilly. They haven't produced with the bat for about 2 years now.

They should have went with Mc'gill.

It's time to start respecting the Poms guys.

P.S. I listen to the Cricket on ABC radio of a night and I start laughing when the English crowd start singing "C'mon the Aussies. C'mon the Aussies. C'mon the Aussies."

We're being frustrated because it's not going our way.

They've still got the 2nd test Casper thing in their minds.

aussies1st

Staff member
Good effort by Vaughan looks like he is back to that form of the last tour. Hopefully the results will go the same way :)

Earl

Coach
B.L.L.G said:
I point the finger at Pontying, Hayden and Gilly. They haven't produced with the bat for about 2 years now.

Coming into the Ashes series, Gilchrist had scored 4 centuries in his last 5 innings.

aussies1st

Staff member
Ponting last year broke his century dought. Hayden is the one not performing. As for the Ashes series those 3 haven't performed.

Stuart

Juniors
Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St Team

PA Jaques 10 18 2 1039 219 64.93 73.27 2 6 12 - YORKS

Im sure the selectors arent oblivious to Hayden's poor form and if he fails to significantly contribute in the next 2 or 3 tests, i would not be surprised if Jaques is a surprise call up to the squad. He is in good form at the moment and would be getting closer and closer to national selection.

Symonds is also in good form. Again it think if he fails to contribute in the next 2 tests Symonds could be a bolter for the 5th.

Stuart

Juniors
On further inquiry Symonds appears to be playing very well.
Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St Team

First class
A Symonds 2 3 0 300 134 100.00 69.12 2 - 1 - LANCS

Limited overs
A Symonds 13 11 3 593 101 74.12 95.33 1 5 9 - AUS/LANCS

I would love to see him get another shot at test cricket, and i think england is the place for it!!

aussies1st

Staff member
Just looking at the contracted players there isn't really any openers. All are make shifts like Hussey and Katich.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Ponting last year broke his century dought. Hayden is the one not performing. As for the Ashes series those 3 haven't performed.

Ponting and Hayden both have the same problem.
Scores between 10 and 40 are way too coimmon

aussies1st

Staff member
Well Punter I can understand he was out injuried for most of last year. Hayden hasn't had that luxury and has been performing crap for 2 years. Hayden just ain't himself these days. Just like Dizzy, they have lost that X-factor

Earl

Coach
UndertakerMike said:
Hows Shane Watson going over there?????

He has scored 2 one day hundreds, but I I recall correctly he hasn't done much in the 4 day games.

McGrath, GD 25 6 86 0 (4nb)
Lee, B 27 6 100 4 (2w,5nb)
Gillespie, JN 19 2 114 1 (1w,2nb)
Warne, SK 33.2 5 99 4 (2nb)
Katich, SM 9 1 36 1

Langer out for 31 .....Only looked uneasy when Giles came on (signs of things to come)

Aussies going slower now 1/67