What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

JJ

Immortal
Let those countries handle it in their own way. We should be imposing our own sanctions on top the ICC ruling. We shouldn't tolerate it.
That would be great show of leadership if CA made a statement - Australia certainly has often at all levels claimed some sort of moral leadership in cricket (the rest of us find it laughable) - nonetheless, real chance to show something real rather than endless sound grabs

Timbo

Staff member
It's also another thing to do a Faf, to suck on a lolly and use sugar on the ball.

It's another thing altogether to come up with a plan to cheat, discuss it with the senior players, then rope in the least secure member of the squad to execute it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It's also another thing to do a Faf, to suck on a lolly and use sugar on the ball.

It's another thing altogether to come up with a plan to cheat, discuss it with the senior players, then rope in the least secure member of the squad to execute it.

What's the ICC and CA punishment for being merkins?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The way that Lehmann has thrown these guys under the bus is disgusting. I've never liked him, and now I f**king hate him.

At the very least, this should be the end of Smith and Warner as skipper and VC. I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for cheaters, and the fact that this was an orchestrated plan by the 'leadership group' and they've roped in the youngest and most inexperienced member of the side is absolutely unacceptable.

I'd have Paine as skipper as he's the most experienced player who seems uninvolved for the fourth test then we work out what's what from there.

I would also dump anyone who signed off on this plan from the side for the fourth test. If that includes Starc, Lyon and Haze so be it. Someone should have said no.
I'm amazed him and Saker haven't even been mentioned, they make Teflon Todd Greenburg look like an amateur.

JJ

Immortal

That really is it a nutshell, it unusual and goes to something deeper, and clearly a need for action to be taken

And if Lehmann really wasn't involved or know, why didn't he drag Bancroft off the field and do the full WTF, rather than send the 12th man to him telling him to be more discrete?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lol....the Saffers, Indians and poms caught didn't have a plan to cheat....it was just a spur of the moment thing....

Timbo

Staff member
Lol....the Saffers, Indians and poms caught didn't have a plan to cheat....it was just a spur of the moment thing....

Seriously mate, give it a rest. I don't give a f**k if the other countries let their cheating scum get away with it. It doesn't make what Smith did any less of a f**king dog act and my support of him is gone.

If you're ok with it then that really says something about how morally bankrupt you are, not what a great cricket fan you are.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep the ICC failed to stamp it out so it continues.

Time for CA to step up and do something about it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Seriously mate, give it a rest. I don't give a f**k if the other countries let their cheating scum get away with it. It doesn't make what Smith did any less of a f**king dog act and my support of him is gone.

If you're ok with it then that really says something about how morally bankrupt you are, not what a great cricket fan you are.

Do you apply that logic to the NRL too mate?

It's obvious that most countries are doing it.

There will be match fee fines like the other incidents.

It hasn't hurt Faf's reputation. He was made captain.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yep the ICC failed to stamp it out so it continues.

Time for CA to step up and do something about it.

Well no....if the ECB and other boards don't give a f**k, why the hell should we?

CA isn't responsible for the failures of the ICC.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks like the press conference is going to be in a park, poor buggers only had 6 hours to organise somewhere. Gee great look for a multi million dollar business.

Fangs

Coach
Sack the three. Smith and Warner will return as batsman, not leaders.

Darren might look to return to the grade cricket circuit.

Latest posts