What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: West Indies v Australia at Roseau Apr 23-27, 2012

Kirk Edward's absence through injury is a huge blow. So much responsibility rests with Bavo, Shiv and Deo to get runs. The top 3 are far too raw for test cricket and will be lucky to muster 50 runs between them.

TheParraboy

Staff member
7/212 stumps

starc and wade both no in their 20s

other than cowan, all our batsmen got good starts but couldnt go on with it
hopefully we can get 300, then bowl them out sub 250

gosh is this dejavu??

Australia's tail won you the first game, set you up in to win the second and has taken you out of danger in the third. It has been the difference between two otherwise evenly-matched teams. I can't remember a series so dominated by tail order batsmen.

Timbo

Staff member
As much as I'm a huge fan of Eddy Cowan, you have to wonder if he's going to be a long-term test prospect.

Klinger is currently firing in the County Championship and Hughes is on his way over soon. Good winters from the likes of them could cause him problems come the series against South Africa.

TheParraboy

Staff member
At this stage if things go the way they are I can see them sacking Cowan and promoting Forrest.

Of course Sunshine to open

Wilson1

Juniors
Cowan has a very average first class record. He was never going to be a long term prospect. The problem with picking in form players is that you have to drop them when they are out of form. It is a far better idea to pick longer term prospects.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Selfish prick can bat down the order and like it.

Shane-Watson-04.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
these are more like sub continent pitches rather than Windies pitches

this is another turner

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The pitches have been disgraceful all tour..

The poorer nations should be getting help from the ICC with regards to educating ground staff as to how a Test standard pitch is prepared..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/david-warner-laments-dominican-pitch-as-australia-struggle-on-day-one-of-the-final-caribbean-test/story-fn2mcu3x-1226337059326

David Warner laments Dominican pitch as Australia struggle on day one of the final Test against West Indies..

By Staff Writers FOX SPORTS April 24, 2012 1:10PM

Australia opener David Warner revealed he was frustrated with the pitch conditions in Dominica after West Indies spinner Shane Shillingford ripped through the top order to finish day one of the third Test with figures of 4-77.

Despite battling his way to 50, Warner struggled to get into a rhythm throughout his innings and holed out to cover off a Shillingford delivery just after lunch.

The 25-year-old expressed his concern with the ground conditions at the conclusion of the day's play, claiming he was not getting value for his shots like he does in Australia.

"In Australia it's coming onto the bat a lot easier," said Warner.

"They're running away for four, especially in Perth, it's only basically Adelaide Oval and the MCG where you really have to run for your shots.

"We've just got to work on getting our ones and twos and the boundaries aren't going to come.

"I was hitting good shots to mid-off but they weren't going anywhere off the square because it seemed a little dusty surface where the ball doesn't kick on where in Australia it skids off the square."

It was not only Warner who struggled with the slow pitch and the spin of Shillingford, as the West Indian also claimed the prized scalps of Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey.

"These guys are guys who once they get in score a lot of runs. Getting these guys out is a real honour for me," Shillingford said.

"I normally get a good amount of bounce but on the second or third day. On the first day, especially with the spin I got, it was a little surprising but (when) I started getting that I started feeling well.

"I started off walking the guys onto the field. The skipper told me to keep my cool, play my normal game and from there I started feeling better and all the excitement came."

Australia will resume on day two at 7-212 with Mitchell Starc on 24 and wicketkeeper Matthew Wade on 23.