What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: West Indies v Australia at Roseau Apr 23-27, 2012

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a Michelle for captain pup

how many times has he shown up our front ine spinners ?

back up to No 3 in the ICC rankings

beads6

First Grade
Clarke is brilliant. Got some Border in him and plenty of Warne/Taylor about his captaincy. Gethimuphereiwanttoboofhim

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No biggie to show up our frontline spinners, that crafty little off spinner John Howard could show them up at times.

The expected result against the windies who are still pretty poor and deservedly ranked 8 in the world. That said every series Clarke is putting his stamp on the side and how they play and deserves all the credit coming his way.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our last day of test cricket until November begins.

Boo.

hopefully by then we have a real no3

Sunshine's average this must be woeful, I'm happy to have him n the team but he aint a no3

unless Oozi or someone puts thier hand up at first class level, I still think captain Pup should move there only because there is no one else

the Sunshine experiment failed badly

yappy

Bench
:clap:

Chanderpaul on his 10,000

Such a hard guy to get out, a man who protects his wicket.

Respect.

Massive respect to Shiv. My favourite Windie since probably Richardson. (never liked Lara - feared when in form but not likeable)

aussies1st

Staff member
It's hard to read much from our batsmen because they were all equally as shit. I wouldn't hold this series against Watson, Warner or Cowan but all three need to produce when we get back home.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
our batsmen were ordinary but so were the pitches, so yeh......hard to gauge where some of them are at

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's hard to read much from our batsmen because they were all equally as shit. I wouldn't hold this series against Watson, Warner or Cowan but all three need to produce when we get back home.

Cowan needs a hundred ASAP. Its all very well for him to hang around but he has to get on with it. Warner is a work in progress and is going to be rocks or diamonds throughout his career. This was his first test tour OS so he's hopetully learning all the time. Watson for mine is not a test standard batsmen let alone a number 3. His capacity to bowl excellent spells here and there is the only thing he's got going for him.

The the three best fielders in the side are the old stagers Clarke, Hussey and Ponting which for mine indicates that fielding at state level isn't the priority it should be.