What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 - 0

Swarzey

Bench
Dragons are a bogey team. I think the worst home record against them. If we're legit about being contenders and legit about making Hunter a fortress, we should put quite the score on them. That said, it would be rather fitting for our undefeated streak to end against them and most of all to have a single week alone at the top.

Jono078

Referee
Disagree about putting a score on the Dragons. They have the best defense after 4 rounds, that is not a coincidence!

But I do agree we should beat them if we are to prove we belong in top position.

Burns

First Grade
We've built an incredibly solid foundation to have one of out best regular seasons in a decade. Barring a horrific run of injuries, or outside turmoil and massive collapse in form will be on us.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Very impressed with our defence so far. Our attacking polish and silly errors are what's keeping us from racking up more comfortable wins. If we can take our 1st 20mins from this weekend and turn that into 80mins weekly, we will not lose many games.

Noname36

First Grade
The good part is there's still so much improvement left in us.

I don't really get the calls from everyone that we're going to fall into a hole. We're not running on a purple patch of form or anything. We're still making our usual errors but the boys are turning up set after set to defend one another's errors. Every single one of them is working hard for one another, the coach and the club.

They're obviously not going to keep winning forever (they could lose on the weekend) but with the attitude they've installed they're going to win more games. A lot more if our attack clicks too like we know it can.

We have a long way to go but there's certainly a good base to work from. Just need to hope injuries are kind and we don't have anymore tragedies or off field circuses for a while.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
I don't really get why everybody is forecasting doom and gloom - is it because we are used to death riding them and we are in foreign territory being on top of the ladder?

Can't we like enjoy where we are?

slotmachine

First Grade
We're not playing as good as we could be, but the things we're doing poorly are easier to fix than the things we are doing well.

Not convinced we can trouble the rabbits or roosters at their best but it's getting to the stage that anyone we play is going to be worried.

Seven games in hand against the dragons, raiders, sharks and titans will see us playing finals.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't really get why everybody is forecasting doom and gloom - is it because we are used to death riding them and we are in foreign territory being on top of the ladder?

Can't we like enjoy where we are?

I think it's a mixture of that and opposition fans going on about how we're going to collapse soon.

I for one am super stoked though and am enjoying it while it lasts :D

otori

Juniors
I like that there's room to grow and players to come back. That's important. We've set a good base for the season now and need to continue to bring the intensity and enthusiasm to the matches. If like to see the next gear in the next three matches though and some real shut out mentality.

I can see us being 6 - 0 and will be disappointed if we aren't cos the next two sides we place have very few points in them if we defend well enough. Dragons defence is sound but they are a little disjointed in attack.

Yosh

Coach
The next game we lose, whether it be against the dragons or a thousand rounds later, the same idiots will say they saw it coming and that we were all fluke. Let's concentrate on the positives and let the haters hate.

slotmachine

First Grade
Rabbits away is our next loss when we're 17 - 0.

Seriously though, our draw is super soft until the last 8 rounds.

PhilGould

Bench
Rabbits away is our next loss when we're 17 - 0.

Seriously though, our draw is super soft until the last 8 rounds.
The last 8 rounds are really tough though. We should be able to make the 8 fairly comfortably but we may not have much momentum going into the finals.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah I was looking at the draw yesterday and thought we could go to round 18 without a loss. It won't happen but it'd be nice.

Noname36

First Grade
It's better to play the good sides leading into the finals IMO. Nothing worse than having a soft run giving you a false sense of security then getting smacked in the first week. You see that happen a lot.

We're getting waaaaaaay ahead of ourselves though.

Rolla

Juniors
How many wins in a row will we need before we can stop reading 'we need to win this if we are serious this season' or like quotes over and over before every game?

Latest posts