What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

raider_mike

Juniors
i dont agree with people who say the scoreline doesnt recflect the game

last time i checked rugby league was a 80 minute game.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well it is time for the farrkwit roll of honour.
People who claim to know Rugby League, but clearly have no f**king clue.
Let now look at the stats
Gallen who played the full 80 minutes
Runs 22 (202m) Tackles 30
Next best Watmough Runs 12 (95m)

Early Farkhead contender Timmah said:
Gallen. Take the jersey off, get on a f**king plane, and f**k off. You f**king piece of f**king sh*t.
Stick to forum copping you're crap at that too.
Utter noob GB said:
we need watmough
lewis is a f*cking lemon.....
can't believe he is starting
Fine game by Luke Lewis, please invest in some eyes.

Big Time Gallen hater Big Mick said:
Paul Gallen Test Match standard players...both are barely good club players. Gallen is a dirty, grubby wanker of a player who rarely does anything of note
Yeah Mick only 80 full minutes and taking the side forward like no one else in the team. Remove the hate and realise a good player.
Could not read a game if it hit him like a truck Aqua Duck said:
Am I the only one who thinks Gallen is useless?
No, but his team mates and English don't see what the hell you are on about
eyes painted on Aqua Duck said:
How many times has Gallen passed the ball to Inglis? I counted none
Clearly missed the ball to Greg where Greg makes a break and passes inside to Hayne.
Also ran many decoys, as any second rower would on back line plays, not really Galls job, but even then you manage to miss it.
Not to mention the quick play the balls that gave Cameron and boys room to attack.

The winner of Farkhead central thommo4pm said:
Keep running sideways Gallen...make it easier for them to tackle you.
202 meters douchebag
Exactly, he runs sideways which just cramps the whole left hand side attack....and stifles the attack down that side. The left side looks good when Gallen is nowhere near them.
202 meters douchebag
You can't be serious....he was almost our worst.
hahahahaha, congrats on being a clueless fool. It was a hot field but you take the cake, moron.

Apey

Staff member

Isn't that what this forum is about? People who think they know better than other fans and NRL coaches.

Engine

Juniors
Am I the only one that thinks that those advertising signs are bloody dangerous.

Inglis crashed into it in the first half, and now Hayne.

Players could easily break a wrist, arm, knock someone out.

Put some padding on it FFS.

Pommy strategy to knock our guns out.

Can you see a pommy back with enough speed and desire to chase down a kick?

JasonE

Bench
The speed of the game in the first half was outstanding which was end to end stuff.
I really enjoyed the tough physical battle early and the brilliant Australian backs late in the game.

I thought England's young halves needed to take more control but they should learn a fair bit from how Thurston and Lockyer's kicking game was outstanding when it mattered.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I agree Jason.

I think the scoreline does reflect the game, the English stayed with us for 60 minutes, but our pack just kept coming and our superior halves and outside backs showed that cream rises to the top.

Special K

Coach

Yeah Mick only 80 full minutes and taking the side forward like no one else in the team. Remove the hate and realise a good player.

Clearly missed the ball to Greg where Greg makes a break and passes inside to Hayne.
Also ran many decoys, as any second rower would on back line plays, not really Galls job, but even then you manage to miss it.
Not to mention the quick play the balls that gave Cameron and boys room to attack.

202 meters douchebag
202 meters douchebag
hahahahaha, congrats on being a clueless fool. It was a hot field but you take the cake, moron.

:clap: post of the year tbh

typicalfan

Coach
Results is all that matters in international rugby league and despite playing great only in patches in this tournament Australia still ends up winners and undefeated.

No complaints here

Goddo

Bench
Anyone heard from Rugby Highlights? I am just a little worried he may have done himself in after that. Anyone able to check on him?

broncos70

Juniors
i think lockyer will retire at the anzac test..one last appearance in the green and gold hopefully at suncorp stadium..thought he was good this morning, thought gallen and luke lewis were absolutely great..trying to figure out what happened with hodges because i didnt think he was bad or did anything wrong to be taken off for gidley, who wasn't that great when he was on, hopefully he was just injured otherwise sheens is a spastic..i couldnt pick motm, too close..slater, smith, lewis, gallen and hannant were all real good i thought

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have not seen anything, but I would bet Hodges came of injuried.

Not many people rate Tim Sheens, but no coach replaces a centre of Hodges quality unless something happened.

Hopefully it is not serious.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i forgot to give lewis a wrap earlier, i thought he was outstanding, especially in the first 5 mins when the poms just had heaps of possession on our linehe made heaps of tackles around the ruck and also on the edges in defence. he was just everywhere.

i think brett morris will play rep footy as long as he wants to in the enxt few years. i realise inglis will make anyone look good (except hayne) but he was outstanding in all his games, scored from opportunities presented, led the kick chase well etc, cant ask for any more form a winger.

Thaiday had his best game of the tournament though he still aint a prop and would have been far more useful on the right hand side second row spot.

all tournament it looked like Aus didnt practice any attacking plays, today it looked like they didnt practice any defense.... last ditch efforts and poor execution from the poms stopped them scoring more

mortz

202 meters douchebag
202 meters douchebag

brilliant.... were you a bit angry, Angry??

mortz

on a side not, how much of a nob is fox... got all excited screaming about his try, then did sweet fa after that

Billythekid

First Grade
:clap: post of the year tbh

Gallen to me was MOTM. Early on Australia's forwards weren't looking that strong but Gallen was just making fantastic meters. It was often taking 4 blokes to get him down and i think hes effort is a big reason why England struggled in the back half.

If he wasn't on the field i think England could have run away with a nice lead early on.