What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 7 - 4 nations final - ENG V AUS

bobbis

Juniors
Either way there was serious doubt he would have scored regardless of the head high, hence it shouldn't of been a penalty try but just a plain penalty.

He gets hit high twice, one of those contribute to dropping the ball. you can't knee people in the head to stop them scoring. For mine it's pretty cut and dry.

He gets hit high twice, one of those contribute to dropping the ball. you can't knee people in the head to stop them scoring. For mine it's pretty cut and dry.

That's bullshit mate. Look, you can criticise Thurston for the high shot.

But it's hardly the fault of the defender that an England player dived into his knee.

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly Masoe. Those are never pulled up and I doubt they even came into the equation for that decision. It was clearly just the JT incident, which is incredibly bogus.

It's on the board though and now Australia have to suck it up and earn their trophy.

NrlCoach

Juniors
^^THIS. Inb4 it was an accident.. your not allowed to slid in with your knees:crazy:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I won't say anything about Eddie Hemmings. It's already been said.

Loved how Carney put him in his place.

" No more Eddie, I don't wanna hear anymore complains about England not getting the rub of the green. "

AuckMel

Bench
Terrible decisions to (A) Deny Australia a try and (B) to award England a penalty try.

Should be 14-0

beave

Coach
Haha Vossy trying to claim no penalty try because it didn't involve a concussion.

I don't think he actually said that..........

As far as I'm aware, that shouldn't have been a penalty try but a straight out penalty to England, Thurstons actions were not the reason the try wasn't legitimatley scored (Lewis was the reason) but the play goes back to the infringment by JT. Bizarre shit there tbh.

Exactly Masoe. Those are never pulled up and I doubt they even came into the equation for that decision. It was clearly just the JT incident, which is incredibly bogus.

It's on the board though and now Australia have to suck it up and earn their trophy.

It's mad mate. I fancy plenty of Australians on here are slamming the ref a bit too muchh. But English fans acting like they're hard done by when the ref has favoured us is riding on the coat tails of f**king lunacy :lol:

gypsy

Bench
Has Inglis done anything at all?
Surely someone gave him a fire up at halftime, or at least a bucket of kfc.
He's been at souffs too long!

no name

Coach
One other thing with that penalty try was the blatant knock on in the ptb right in front of the ref when Watmough was penalised.