What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 7 - 4 nations final - ENG V AUS

deluded pom?

Coach
I can handle the penalty try, even though I'm not even sure if it's the correct ruling! The Poms have had some very fortunate decisions, maybe it pays to have a man in the video ref box as opposed to one in the middle!

How good is that crowd!!!!!!

Apparently it's been an Aussie ref in eight of the last nine meetings between England/GB and Australia. We shouldn't be talking about the integrity of the officials though if the RLIF had any balls.

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
Rugby League should be taken away from England
Clearly pommy minds are too small to understand even the basic rules

pcpp

Juniors
Does Hall get credited for that try? I thought not, but according to LU's live score and Nine's coverage Hall has been credited.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Disgraceful calls from the video ref. Has been a pretty average game so far, looks as if england played their final last week.

bobbis

Juniors
The thing about a penalty try is that you have to be 100% sure he was going to score without the offence. As the footage showed, there was still reasonable doubt he wouldn't have scored.

This is very strange reffing from Smith to put it lightly.

You can never be 100%, I don't believe it says 100% in the rulebook. Even when we convict people of murder we don't use the 100% threshold because it's never practical.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Apparently it's been an Aussie ref in eight of the last nine meetings between England/GB and Australia. We shouldn't be talking about the integrity of the officials though if the RLIF had any balls.

So its been the refs fault youse have been so far behind us for 40 years?

no name

Coach
The thing about a penalty try is that you have to be 100% sure he was going to score without the offence. As the footage showed, there was still reasonable doubt he wouldn't have scored.

This is very strange reffing from Smith to put it lightly.

It was the knee of Inglis(?) that knocked the ball out, not the effort from Thurston.

Big Pete

Referee
You can never be 100%, I don't believe it says 100% in the rulebook. Even when we convict people of murder we don't use the 100% threshold because it's never practical.

Either way there was serious doubt he would have scored regardless of the head high, hence it shouldn't of been a penalty try but just a plain penalty.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
No problem with the penalty try, Lewis is leading with the knees FFS.

Lawrence call though was dreadfully wrong.