What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 7 - 4 nations final - ENG V AUS

deluded pom?

Coach
I'd agree with that. Hall has been good too. As much as I despise some of the English posters on here I kinda hope they get up to win to throw it in the faces of those Aus fans who don't even follow International Rugby League and are arrogant as f**k.

:shock:

westhull

Juniors
Think it would be a massive boost to leagues profile if England win Saturday which can only be good for the game in general.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
News flying around that Thurston and Heighington are both out of the final. This all of a sudden makes England stronger and the Aussies weaker. Mind you, I wouldnt mind having Cronk as a back up.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
for what he's done at leeds & england this season kev should really be up for the golden boot imo........

I'm clearly biased being a Leeds lad, but Sinfield's contribution to the game of rugby league is as good as anyone else's imo. The guy defines professionalism. A good performance and win this weekend might just put him up there with the greats. Fully deserved in my eyes

westhull

Juniors
Heighington is no loss to us, wish it was Lockyer that was not playing. He is the one that scares me the most.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Heighington is no loss to us, wish it was Lockyer that was not playing. He is the one that scares me the most.

Yeah , even at 36
the guy is a marvel ....he controls a game like an orchestra conductor

just knows what to do ..... how to do it & when to do it

all teams that have played against him , wether they be other NRL clubs , NSW or the Kiwis & England will be sighing with relief that they no longer have to contend with this superb player after tonight.

RedVee

First Grade
been away so sorry if it has all been dusted by now.

Dont rate Cechin at all, its not even the 'not neutral' thing that should stop him getting this match. I'd be happy with funny French rulings from Thierry Albert.

How long is Elland Rd going to be under repair? Is it a Yorks/Lancs deal that has the earlier games mostly on the westish edge, and the final and last week over the other side? Old Trafford would have been good, surely? Is there a bigger rectangular arena then Elland Rd in a fairly close area?

I hope it is a cracker of a match that goes down to the wire.

Billythekid

First Grade
Thurston is so far ahead of Lockyer as a player at the moment that it just feels silly to even compare them. Losing Thurston is a big blow. Thankfully for Australia their back up halves are pretty decent.

lingard

Coach
Not sure Jon Wells will be worried about those assessment skills! A rather one-eyed criticism of a man of the match performance. I'm a big fan of Widdop, but I personally wouldn't even have him on the bench. The pack need to dominate and Wilkin, JJB, Ellis, Carvell have all put their hand up for selection. Sinfield and Chase is a good combination. Playing sinfield at hooker is bonkers and history has shown that it doesn't work, in my opinion. Roby has shown he can play a full 80 and make a significant contribution. Whatever the selection, i can't remember the last time an England v Australia game was so keenly anticipated. Game on!

For the record, I would have had Widdop as one of the first players picked. And at five-eight. I think he`s a class above most of the England team. But it`s too late now. Macnamara couldn`t possibly replace Sinfield now. With all his faults, he still played much better against New Zealand, and his kicking game improved 100%. The only place I see for Widdop now is lock - as a direct replacement for Heighington. I certainly think that having him on the bench and only playing him for ten minutes, is somewhat of a joke. I only hope Macnamara has something up his sleeve for Widdop. In any case, GO ENGLAND! I really think they can do it. They`ve had the ideal preparation, and all the momentum is with them. Should be a great test match!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thurston is so far ahead of Lockyer as a player at the moment that it just feels silly to even compare them. Losing Thurston is a big blow. Thankfully for Australia their back up halves are pretty decent.

3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

roughyedspud

Coach
I'm clearly biased being a Leeds lad, but Sinfield's contribution to the game of rugby league is as good as anyone else's imo. The guy defines professionalism. A good performance and win this weekend might just put him up there with the greats. Fully deserved in my eyes

i'm abit biased to tbh...known him since we where kids and was in the year below me at saddleworth where we played in the same school side

beave

Coach
Well sky news is reporting a fully fit Oz side for the game, don't know where these JT injury rumours are coming from.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
LOL @ anyone suggesting JT is far and above Lockyer... it's nigh on impossible to compare them both, and if you go on history with IRL games - Lockyer has been the greatest from any nation as far as I'm concerned.

Agree with most posters that Heighington should sit out, and that Widdop should get more game time - I'm a fan of shifting Sinfield to more of a playmaking lock position when Widdop comes on.

Am totally conflicted, I want the greatest RL player to go out on a win as always, but on the same note an English win would be fantastic for Intl RL.

Tip; Tight game, blinders from Tomkins, Reed, Roby, Graham & T Williams, Inglis, Thurston and Lockyer - Aus to win by a Lockyer FG in GP

Latest posts