What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 7 - 4 nations final - ENG V AUS

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
and i'm not that bothered about cecchin either.....and this england side don't seem to bothered,this self belief drive they've been on looks like its taught them than if they are gonna do it they have to do it the aussie way

Bout time one of yas hardened up.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Fun fact, England/GB have only beaten Australia 3 times since 1998. Last time was 5 years ago.

Think they're due? Well, for you Poms, if England win, ill put an English flag in my sig, if Aus win, you put an Aussie flag in your sig. Any takers? Im looking at you spud.

roughyedspud

Coach
just to add as well.........a attendance of around 32k for the final would put us on course to roughly equal or slightly better the average attendance of the 2010 4nations held down under (19,644) we're currently on a 18,778 average with a game to come

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Not sure whay you think that about Sir Alex. Of course United wouldn't mind. Its good money. If he didn't want rugby played there, it wouldn't be.

OT is to big for an international game at the mo. 76,000 is a hell of a leap from the 33,000 we are looking at for this final or the 40,000 you would want at the COMS.

because many ppl on here have made reference to the fact that Sir Alex doesn't like league matches played at Old Trafford, because it damaged the pitch and he made a big issue about it. Plus, Man Utd are the primary tenants of the ground.

And yes, 76000 capacity is a lot, compared to the mid-40000s when we played there during the 90s.

industria ditat

Juniors
There was never any chance of using the City of Manchester stadium. Man City hold the lease for the stadium and they won't use the pitch for anything other than football during the football season. Looks like they will let us use it after their season has finished, but making money for them isn't a major issue as they have more money than God.

PRW

Juniors
There was never any chance of using the City of Manchester stadium. Man City hold the lease for the stadium and they won't use the pitch for anything other than football during the football season. Looks like they will let us use it after their season has finished, but making money for them isn't a major issue as they have more money than God.

Hasn't the 'magic weekend' been mooted for CoM Stadium?

Idris.....

That's the only test match I've been to. Of course they lost as it was in my 11 game losing streak lol.

Best part of that game was Mason dropping that myth Fielden.

Fielden isn't a myth. But Mason pretty much ruined his career with that punch. Fielden isn't bad with the fists either, but that was one of the most beautiful punches I've seen in all time. Even by boxing standards that KO was savage.

It's a shame that he got his manhood taken in the prime of his career. If it happened pre-retirement, like say Steve Price, most people wouldn't care

nadera78

Juniors
Fielden isn't a myth. But Mason pretty much ruined his career with that punch. Fielden isn't bad with the fists either, but that was one of the most beautiful punches I've seen in all time. Even by boxing standards that KO was savage.

It's a shame that he got his manhood taken in the prime of his career. If it happened pre-retirement, like say Steve Price, most people wouldn't care

That punch didn't damage his career, it was on the way already. Fielden played 80 minutes virtually every week when at Bradford, running himself ragged. That's incredibly difficult for a prop in the modern game and by the time he joined Wigan he was on his last legs. The oomph had gone. He hasn't been the same player since, but he did have an excellent 2010 playing in short spells.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Interesting that the Wembley Test got 42,000 and apparently the round ball match this week at the same ground got 49,000..

Only a 7000 difference between a supposed ''Northern game'' against the (wank wank) global game..

I agree with the Elland Road joke..CoM would have been a superior choice if it was available..

Not sure that's an entirely valid comparison, given that the football game was a friendly. However this weekends game promises to be close to capacity, so at least the atmosphere will be good. MacNamara commented something about the intimidation of the Hull crowd v Kiwis. Maybe they're hoping for something similar.

Given the final has been played at Elland Road many times now, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a contract with the RFL. It's not owned by United - they lease it having sold it to a "landlord" during the financial strife - post Ridsdale era. Would make sense to any shrewd investor to make the most of the purchase.

oval

Juniors
Regarding having Cecchin as ref - I don't think it matters whatsoever. There's no such thing as objectivity anyway - a French or Kiwi or wherever ref is gonna have bias no matter what. A Kiwi ref, for example, might enjoy seeing England beat Australia, and a French ref might enjoy seeing Australia pound Ole Blighty - it comes down to the individual.

Maybe deep down Cecchin wants England to win? Half the Australian side have no doubt been giving him grief back in the NRL for years, and this could be a chance to get them back for being so mean? Maybe he's sick of Watmough pointing, yelling and complaining after another knock-on, or Smith raising both his arms and protesting after another grubby tackle? Maybe he is SICK TO DEATH OF THOSE RUDE LITTLE BASTARDS!!!

The more I think about it, the more I think having an NRL ref benefits England.

roughyedspud

Coach
Maybe deep down Cecchin wants England to win? Half the Australian side have no doubt been giving him grief back in the NRL for years, and this could be a chance to get them back for being so mean? Maybe he's sick of Watmough pointing, yelling and complaining after another knock-on, or Smith raising both his arms and protesting after another grubby tackle? Maybe he is SICK TO DEATH OF THOSE RUDE LITTLE BASTARDS!!!

The more I think about it, the more I think having an NRL ref benefits England.

and theres the first excuse if england win........cos matt cecchin hates NRL players :roll:

give yaself a uppercut lad