What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40/20 the other one we all love

Frenzy.

Immortal
We all know Gus claims ownership to this one but riddle me this Batfolk.

Why is a 40/20 better than a 30/30 or a 50/10 or even a 20/40 or 10/50

Same skill in kicking the ball out over a distance of 30 metres.

Exciting part of the game but me thinx this is another dumb rule. Especially if you are just outside 40 and kick it out inside 10 for example.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
CHAOS said:
We all know Gus claims ownership to this one but riddle me this Batfolk.

Why is a 40/20 better than a 30/30 or a 50/10 or even a 20/40 or 10/50

Same skill in kicking the ball out over a distance of 30 metres.

Exciting part of the game but me thinx this is another dumb rule. Especially if you are just outside 40 and kick it out inside 10 for example.

40-20 is 40 meters

ghoti

Bench
The 40/20 rule is good as is, it's not the skill or distance, it's the fact that the oppurtune moment for a 40/20 arises only behind those coordinates. Making any 40 or more metre kick into touch your feed is a crap idea...it's like allowing a team to kick on every tackle in touch football...it takes away the strategy behind working your way up to the 40 to regain possession.

Leave it as is, it's good, it's been good for years.

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
Is it because with the 30/30,20/40 & 10/50, the target your aiming for would be bigger and therfore they would be easier to kick?

spider

Coach
j0rd0_ShArKs said:
simmo and noddy are shyte

the 40/20 i dont like cause we dont have anyone who can execute them
you have witnessed 'simmo speed'

ricky may unleash simmo boot'

wobbegong

Juniors
morri (cWo) said:
40-20 is 40 meters

Well a 40-20 technically means the ball has actually travelled longer than 40 metres!!

You have to factor Pythagoras's Theorem. Sorry to sound like a Maths Teacher.:p
Maybe it's because I am one :(

Quigs

Immortal
I know I'm dreamin' but I used to love the old 40/20.

Me forty and them 20.

Nowdays I'd settle for a 50/30 or a 50/40 or a 50/50.

It sure beats hallway sex.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Got to run echo house is on SBS

I want to see if the guy got enough ice to keep his piss cold.... f**k the food.

you just got to love global warming

Cheers
Declared idiot #88 and Fat controller
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
would't that f**k you

the bloody thing was on at 7.30pm - missed it

anyone watch it - what happend

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

What about the charge down attempt the other day - it led to some interesting commentary

From memory, Kimmorley was kicking and one of the opposing players ran at him with the clear intent to charge the ball down

At the last moment, in an obvious attempt to avoid being hit in the face, the opposing player turned his head, but kept heading in the same direction

Gus, or one of the other genius commentators that Channel 9 keep alive, claimed that because the ball hit him in the back of the head, "it wasn't played at".

FMFF

morri (cWo)

First Grade
wobbegong said:
Well a 40-20 technically means the ball has actually travelled longer than 40 metres!!

You have to factor Pythagoras's Theorem. Sorry to sound like a Maths Teacher.:p
Maybe it's because I am one :(

i meant 40m line to 20 m line. straight line :sarcasm: :p

Inferno

Coach
King of the Hill said:
What about the charge down attempt the other day - it led to some interesting commentary

From memory, Kimmorley was kicking and one of the opposing players ran at him with the clear intent to charge the ball down

At the last moment, in an obvious attempt to avoid being hit in the face, the opposing player turned his head, but kept heading in the same direction

Gus, or one of the other genius commentators that Channel 9 keep alive, claimed that because the ball hit him in the back of the head, "it wasn't played at".

FMFF

That is such a load of sh*t. That was play on as well wasn't it?

Latest posts