What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4N: Aussie Team changes?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: I watched him yesterday you fool. He was lucky to get on the end of two tries, bombed plenty more.

SET2JT

Juniors
Who else would you have from the dragons? Weyman would be there but he is injured

Cooper? Nsw's worst player this year

creagh? The Ginger spastic made 23ms in origin 2

the dragons play as a consistent team without a stand out star

Jeremy smith would make the Aussie side but he is a kiwi

Creagh should be in the team as SoO was a long time ago and he has been one of the form 2nd rowers in the comp just behind Elis since then IMO. I also would have liked to see how a Soward and Carney would have gone in a game against PNG.

Didgi

One bad game. Sorry. It doesn't matter that Tonga outplayed most, if not all, other centres for the first half of the year, and continued to play well, one bad game = straight out the door.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Morris not getting selected at centre for NSW has more to do with the geniused NSW selectors and their obsession with picking a side that has the least amount of combinations than a reflection of his position amongst the other centres available for the blues.

Big Pete

Referee
JW - Huh? If anything the Blues were trying too hard to form combos.

Morris' form was hardly knocking on the door of test footy. In fact, Coooper at that time was easily the form NSW left hand centre and was in everybody's NSW side.

SET2JT

Juniors
One bad game. Sorry. It doesn't matter that Tonga outplayed most, if not all, other centres for the first half of the year, and continued to play well, one bad game = straight out the door.
Agree. Some posters here think that some players should never play Representative football in their lives again after playing for NSW this year. Yes they did have ordinary games but ffs give credit were credit is due. QLD are far superior then NSW atm. I don't think if NSW picked any other players this year they would have won.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Thaiday easily had Creagh covered.
In what way? Most amount of third-man-in runs from the opposite side of the field?

Creagh was easily one of the best backrowers this season.

SET2JT

Juniors
:lol: Are you serious Timmah?

Are you really attempting to say Creagh > Thaiday?
I will say Thaiday > Creagh before origin, Creagh > Thiday after. In saying that Thaiday deserved his spot in the team. I think Creagh should have been there instead of Watmough.

Didgi

In what way? Most amount of third-man-in runs from the opposite side of the field?

Creagh was easily one of the best backrowers this season.

Avg Metres: Thaiday > Creagh by 10
Avg m/run: Creagh > Thaiday by 0.01
Avg tackle breaks: Thaiday > Creagh by 0.3
Avg linebreaks: Creagh > Thaiday by 0.01
Avg linebreak assist: Thaiday > Creagh by 0.13
Avg try assist: Thaiday > Creagh by 0.25
Avg tackles Thaiday > Creagh by 8

Offloads, game time and backwards running, Creagh > Thaiday

Talanexor

Juniors
I sometimes wonder if anyone other than Dragons fans rate guys like Creagh or Young. Yes, they're above average quality first graders - but there's nothing really special about them.

I wasn't that impressed with Tonga, but I do think that having Boyd outside him would have made his job easier - he's played at Origin level over the last 2 years in the same team as Boyd, and played this whole series with him. I'm not sure he's ever played with Tuqiri outside him.

Also, I think Gidley is a waste of a bench spot, but he'll be there for the whole tournament. Sheens just loves having a utility on the bench. In fact, Daniel Fitzhenry's entire first grade career is testament to that.

Big Pete

Referee
He's only played with Boyd outside him once and it wasn't even for the whole game, it was to cover for Inglis who copped that cheap shot from Barrett in Game 2 2009.

He's normally had Folau or Inglis outside of him otherwise.

Joker's Wild

Coach
JW - Huh? If anything the Blues were trying too hard to form combos.

Morris' form was hardly knocking on the door of test footy. In fact, Coooper at that time was easily the form NSW left hand centre and was in everybody's NSW side.

17 players form 14 different clubs in game 1 Pete. Aside from Cooper - B.Morris, what other combos were there?

I know early form and injury likely cost Josh a Blues jersey this year but he is easily in NSW top 4 centres with Jennings, Lawrence and Lyonpeaheart. Gaz Im not convinced of yet and Cooper has clearly started down the slope.

Didgi

Was Creagh on that side too? And what about Scott Later on?

I thought Ennis and Snowden had a pretty good combo :sarcasm:

johns_reds

First Grade
My side for the next game would be:

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Luke Lewis
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Cooper Cronk
8. David Shillington