What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: Australia v India at Adelaide Feb 12, 2012

BunniesMan

Immortal
To belittle the man who saved our arse countless times coming in at 4 for f**k all by saying he was merely a scoreboard player who did his job and nothing more is incomprehensible coming from you. An idiot like BunniesMan I would expect to read that but you're on point more often than not.

Bevan had the big shot in him but his true class was the rotation of the strike, keeping the score ticking over with 1's and 2's and building for the last 10 overs. Keep in mind the mind set of the times in the 90's and early 2000's was that 4 an over was a good rate until the end. I sat in the ladies stand the day he ended Justin Ontong and put multiple pies up in to our section and he could take an attack apart if he decided.

I'll take it further and say he was a better first class bat than Hussey as well except that Bevan was wrongly identified as struggling with the short ball despite his efforts on the WACA against Walsh, Ambrose and Bishop on a cracked pitch.
Hey I reckon Bevan was a great player. One of my earliest cricket memories was his heroics on New Years Day 1996. One of the greatest ODI games I've ever seen along with that WC semi in 1999.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Australian team
DA Warner, MS Wade†, RT Ponting, PJ Forrest, MJ Clarke*, DJ Hussey, DT Christian, RJ Harris, MA Starc, CJ McKay, XJ Doherty
Indian team
V Sehwag, G Gambhir, V Kohli, SK Raina, RG Sharma, MS Dhoni*†, RA Jadeja, R Ashwin, R Vinay Kumar, Z Khan, U Yadav

Horrie Is God

First Grade
This is Hadds lol..

bachelor_dead_man_walking_card-p137574570502914103z85cd_400.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
How good is it having Ritchie commentating, giving it to Dhoni for standing too far back