What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Sydney Jan 20, 2013

I think the first question that needs to be asked with DRS is who is the best person to make a decision in the case of a howler of a decision. My answer is the third umpire but other people might be different so that is who imo it should rest with. I am not sure Clarke will change his decision, regardless of his decision he is still the teams best batsman and he would sacrifice a howler to Henriques in order to save himself no doubt in the world as would any top order batsman. That is tactical, it wasn't like Clarke was plumb either, it only just hit him in line and was nearly going over and who knows Warner down the other end might have suggested it looked high. I would love to see the percentage on referrals that get overturned that would be another measure of their efficiency.

No chance Clarke will make the same call again, in a similar situation. He'll learn from his mistake.

Obviously the 3rd umpire is good if you wanna make sure you get all decisions right, but again I'd like to see the delays it would cause, that's my only concern there. Where does he draw the line? What does he check for and what does he ignore, to keep the game flowing? Does he check things after every appeal? Or just after OUT decisions?

IanG

Coach
Some good sorts in the crowd. So maybe I'm wrong about it being hard to find women who like cricket

undertaker

Coach
Didnt we play a test vs Pakistan (in Dubai I think), it was 53c :crazy:

I don't think it was that high. I think it was 48 max (the test series in the UAE vs Pakistan in 2002 is what you are referring to), whch is still bloody hot to play cricket in. I remember in the commentary box it was still approximately 30 degrees with air-conditioning on:lol:

undertaker

Coach
I really don't think it is professional for Ian Healy to be asking the umpires of what they think of the teams and the match. It doesn't give a good impression.

undertaker

Coach
9pm resumption in the cricket, if there is a resumption

its been a soggy/ miserable evening in Sydney anyway

If that is the case, I don't see there being any more than 30 overs max, which would mean that the Duckworth/Lewis system would significantly advantage the Sri Lankans.

Given the topsy-turvy way the Aussies have been so far in this match, it will be better for them if this game is a wash out so they go in with a chance of levelling the series in Hobart

IanG

Coach
Duckworth/Lewis

You multiply the number of balls bowled by the number of balls face then divide that figure by the average age of the batting side minus the number of spanners in a Sitcrome tool kit. Remember there must be at least 20 overs bowled for there to be a result.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Duckworth/Lewis

You multiply the number of balls bowled by the number of balls face then divide that figure by the average age of the batting side minus the number of spanners in a Sitcrome tool kit. Remember there must be at least 20 overs bowled for there to be a result.
I'm depressed by how much of that I read before I realised it was a pisstake :(

Timbo

Staff member
Seriously this is ridiculous.

I live 5 minutes from the SCG, we never got more than a light drizzle.

Can we stop being so f**king precious and just play? People have paid serious money to see this.

undertaker

Coach
As of 9pm, from an Australian supporters perspective, it would be better if the game got called off. The longer this delay lasts for and then the umpires decide to continue play, the shorter the innings and Sri Lanka will easily peel off a target with 10 wickets still in hand

Latest posts