What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Sydney Jan 20, 2013

Timbo

Staff member
Seriously, match abandoned?

f**king pathetic. I cannot believe how precious these umpires and players are.

No wonder kids don't play cricket anymore.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
An absolute farce. Everyone in the crowd should get their money back and the match officials and whoever is responsible for the SCG sacked.

undertaker

Coach
Good for the Aussie side though. I think Clarkey knows he's dodged a bullet if they were to come back out and defend a 20 over target.

However, I feel sorry for those who forked out $100+/ticket, especially the families who brought children. Goes to show that going to international cricket these days is an absolute ripoff

undertaker

Coach
No wonder kids don't play cricket anymore.

...AND no wonder why parents don't take their kids to the cricket anymore. If you go to ticketek and see how much tickets cost, you will understand why I've incessantly harped on about this issue. Given that cricket is one of the spectator sports that has TRADITIONALLY attracted a large number of school children to the game, CA have completely priced out the majority of families and like Rugby Union, have turned their fan base to the upper class who have lots of cash....and CA wonder why they can't sell-out tournaments besides the Ashes. CA have to realise that after next summer, the Ashes won't be played here for 5 years due to that series being brought forward one year.

I hate to think how much tickets for the Ashes next summer's going to be.

Timbo

Staff member
If what Clarke just said, that he and Jayawardene wanted to play but the umpires said no, they should be fired and never allowed to officiate in internationals again.

They were shocking during the Australian innings then abandoned the match. Disgraceful.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If what Clarke just said, that he and Jayawardene wanted to play but the umpires said no, they should be fired and never allowed to officiate in internationals again.

They were shocking during the Australian innings then abandoned the match. Disgraceful.
We don't know to what degree their hands were tied.

What if balls get damaged to the point of bouncing twice on the pitch.

There comes a time where continuing with a game of cricket turns into farce.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So a little bit ofdrizzle can stop a game at the SCG. A bloke driving a tractor with a rope attached to it is not good enough. They're building all these new stands and yet can't get a decent outfield.

IanG

Coach
An absolute farce. Everyone in the crowd should get their money back and the match officials and whoever is responsible for the SCG sacked.

Well they will get their money back, but you have this pain in the arse situation of having to go through Allianz Insurance

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I've seen grounds where the whole field is covered when it rains..

Something for the SCG to think about if a piddly bit of rain can cancel a game..

undertaker

Coach
If it was a T20 they'd make every effort to squeeze in even a five over match. They can definitely get the min 20 overs today.

IIRC, last year's T20 international at ANZ Stadium had quite a fair bit of rain before the game started, and they still managed to complete the game without any reduction of overs at 11:25pm.

Also, because 3.2 overs had already been bowled, they'd only need another 16.4 overs, not 20.

Latest posts