What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI NZ vs SA

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I saw the Harris hit as well although I can't remember what game it was. Wasn't it a cover drive?

I don't remember much of it. I'd only arrived in the ground a few minutes before it and i was right down at ground level.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I heard on the radio this morning that the Kiwis had wrapped up the series.

Must have been a Kiwi radio station.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This is off the NZ site

Match abandoned due to rain

Wisden Cricinfo staff

February 28, 2004

Play abandoned due to rain

The storms that had been scheduled to hit North Island duly did, and the fifth one-day international between New Zealand and South Africa, at Auckland, was rescheduled to be played a day later, on February 29. New Zealand led the series 3-1, and South Africa desperately needed this match to be played if they were to have a chance of drawing level in the six-match series. The rescheduled game was to be a day game, and not a day-nighter.

© Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

ozbash

Referee
they might get a day in,, there is a cyclone loitering around today, sposed to clear a bit tomorrow then we cop it again on monday..
auckland is getting hammered today.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It says tomorrow is a reserve day so how can you be sure?

Because it is bloody obvious this weather isnt going to stop in a hurry. It would have to be a weather turnaround like i have never seen before in Auckland for play tomorrow.

However, i would love to be proven wrong on tomorrows weather...

Well it's absolute torrential rain here in Welly right now too.

Anyway I remember my dad telling me when I was a boy, that Lance Cairns hit one completely out of the ground, and the ball was found in the doorway of a restaurant. Have any of you guys ever heard of that? If so..any idea which ground it was? My dad used to know Lance, cos my uncles went to school with him in Picton. And he used to come over the house and play in the backyard. My nanna knows him well.

My mates dad cleaned bowled Lance Cairns at an Otago trial.
Apparentley at the trials you would run up bowl to Cairns then dive out of your way for your own security.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
DIG, I saw Lance Cairns hit Dennis Lillee over the square leg boundary, with one hand. Lillee was not impressed.

Its been replayed about a thousand times over the years.

He could hit a ball, that lad, much like his son.

Anonymous

Juniors
This morning is rain, wind fog....no game. Safe bet.

hahaha good call :p

Dunno where you guys are but out here in the west I've been distinctly unimpressed by yesterdays so-called "storm", and it hasn't rained at all today.