What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not sold on Cowan, seems very limited in stroke play, he's not going to dominate an attack rather than wear them down

Watson may come back to open and Cowan goes, or he comes back to bat at 6 and everyone moves up one and Harsh goes

If Watson cant bowl, then I'd pick Oozie @ 3

Meth

Staff member
I honestly think that Khawaja looks like he is the one worth persevering with. So bring back Khawaja and get rid of Marsh.

With Ponting and Hussey's form in this series, and the failure (mostly) of the top 3, you'd have to imagine that Watson would replace Cowan?

Meth

Staff member
I like Cowan and his approach to batting. But he just hasn't gone on to deliver, either in total occupation of the crease or converting starts to big scores.

Earl

Coach
The only problem with Khawaja is that he has played zero first class cricket since being dropped, so he is a tough one to judge. Obviously though he will have played some 4 day games before the Windies squad is picked.

If Watson is fit I'd put him in at 5 and keep Cowan.

I'm a Cowan fan, and every other player we've tried in the past has been given more than 4 games to prove themselves and so should he.

beads6

First Grade
Cowan is a keeper, really is a good person to have batting with Warner IMO. Think Khawaja will tour the Windies if he makes runs in the shield. Marsh has done his dash in my eyes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's not a 4 day player, he goes OK in the shorter versions of the game

he is way too old to be debuting, not much future and we already have enough old farts

looking at the fringe players who appear to be Oozi, Watson and Hughes I'd say Dussey is way down the pecking order

Storm_Warning

Juniors
dave hussey is much better than phil hughes and khawaja but maybe watson is probably a better option. last season i would have said cam white should be batting 3 for australia but he hasnt been going so well this season. i still think he could replace mike hussey at 6 as an all rounder tho. might not need to make any changes because team is going well atm!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
drawing the long bow calling him an all rounder, those arm balls he bowls may be able to tie down a T/20 or ODI batsman at state level but he's not going to penetrate in a test match against international batsman

Latest posts