What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: England v India at The Oval Aug 18-22, 2011

Hallatia

Referee
wtf is going on with India, playing like bottom feeders
I didn't mind RP Singh with the ball, but God he was awful in the field. The commies kept saying how stupid team India were bringing him in with zero fitness, because he hasn't played any cricket in several months. That is so many levels of ridiculous, no wonder the dude was immobile in the field.

Hallatia

Referee
Bell a handful of runs away from his double, if he does get, then The Oval will become the number one venue for test hundreds with 18. Ic currently equal first with Adelaide on 17.

England 482/4 with Bell on 195 not out.

Hallatia

Referee
England declare during a long rain delay with a 591 run lead.
Some more bad news for India, Ghambir is having scan after falling on his head, so is not opening and Dravid is opening in his place.

Hallatia

Referee
India were awful last night. They are starting to make me sad for them:(. Hopefully Tendulkar makes his hundredth ton in the follow on tonight.

England are just stupendous

Hallatia

Referee
Evidence to England's stupendousness (as if any was needed)
There's healthy competition among batsmen in England team: Bell
PTI | Aug 21, 2011

LONDON: Ian Bell, who with his career-best 235 overtook Alastair Cook as the leading run-scorer in the present calendar year, on Saturday said that there is "healthy and constructive" competition among England batsmen and it is doing a world of good for the home team.

"There is competition with each other. If someone gets big, your mind also tells you get a bigger one. There is some competitiveness there but it's healthy and constructive. We talk openly how to play bowlers, share ideas and prepare for a Test match," stated Bell, who now has 950 runs from the year, overtaking Cook's tally of 927 runs.

England presently also possess a quite a few batsmen with good number of centuries under their belt. Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Strauss all have 19 centuries each while Bell has 16, including this knock of 235 runs.

"When I started, there were batsmen with 4-5 centuries. We all are stacking some numbers now and it's great for English cricket," Bell said.

Despite scoring his career-best score at The Oval, Bell has some mixed feelings about the venue.

"It's a funny ground. I never made big here. I had a good debut and here I resurrected my career but I have mixed feelings. I have sat in the same seat in the dressing room and it has finally paid off."

Bell, who is standing in for injured Jonathan Trott at the number three position, said he has some unfinished business to achieve at that particular slot.

"I have some unfinished business at three. When I was put up the order, I probably wasn't ready. I am better now. But I am realistic I would be back at number five next year.

"I fell one short (of 200) last time against South Africa; one run can make hell of a difference. But I enjoyed this, it is one of my better knocks. I am batting as good as I have ever been in my career," he said.

Bell said if possible England would try to enforce the follow-on on India on the fourth day of fourth and final cricket Test tomorrow.

"The way the wicket has deteriorated as much as it has, it's quite unusual. The spin Swann was able to get was incredible. We can now make to enforce the follow-on. Swann can bowl at one end while the seamers could be fresh and be rotated at the other end.

"The spin he (Swann) got makes it quite exciting for the winter (when England makes a tour of the sub-continent). It tells what we can do on a spinning wicket," he said.

Bell also admired Ishant Sharma and S Sreesanth for the attitude they have shown while bowling to England batsmen.
Source

Red Bear

Referee
Team Australia might be in with a shot in the upcoming series the way India are playing at present

Hallatia

Referee
They play West Indies first, I would say Dhoni is likely to miss two test matches against the WIndies due to slow over rates, which were really bad on day 1 and not much better day 2. He's already had 2 infringements in the past 12 months.

I do hope they sort their shit out between now and Australia and Zaheer Khan is back and fit so we can have a contest here.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What a marvel Rahul is, If he gets a ton here (very likely) batsman of the series in my books