What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5/8th & captain discussion

johns_reds

First Grade
Hunt for the number 6, karmichael that is! :)

Seriously though i think it might be time for Norman to jump up to number 6, get rid of Wallace and buy a better half back, When is Cronk's contract up?

** edit saw above quade cooper comment just then, what about Berrick Barnes as a halfback option? he used to be a Bronco, isn't going to well in Union at the moment, might be a good time to try and woo him?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The only thing that concerns me about Thaiday as captain is that if his groin troubles persist he wont be an 80 minute player, leaving Parker as the only option.

I wouldn't say a flat out no to Cooper, anyone see the cross field kick in the in goal on the weekend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpaszVJaM4

I understand that we can fill the void from within the club. However the Hunt/Wallace or Hunt/Norman combo just doesn't really get me very excited.

What about Joe Bond from Redcliffe. Exciting in attack but the dude can't tackle.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
He's played there a few times. QCup? Bit too far to travel, I'm afraid. Being that I live in the Lockyer Valley. The closest team is forty minutes away.

I hope you weren't too badly affected by the flood mate.

There is always the ABC game at 2pm Sat. Can catch the odd affiliated Bronco here and there.

Nevcost

Juniors
Norman/Wallace, give the kid a chance I reckon. It took locky 3 years to nail down a regular first grade spot.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I hope you weren't too badly affected by the flood mate.

There is always the ABC game at 2pm Sat. Can catch the odd affiliated Bronco here and there.

My workplace(no damage) is in Grantham, so I've been somewhat affected but not as much as my friends who live in Grantham as they've lost everything and lived through one horrifying experience. The rebuilding is progressing well but there are things you just can't replace.

I watched a bit of the first game on the abc this year. Just couldn't get into keeping score or supporting either team. But saw a bronco or two play and also former bronco /former dolphin/ fellow school student.

DeeJ

Bench
Ben Hunt and Peter Wallace will most likely be next years halves. Corey Norman the third and future choice.

I don't see why Parker shouldn't be captain next year. The only problem is his win/loss ratio when he has the (C).

Broncos93

Juniors
seagullsrock sees himself as some kind of indie rugby league fan

Exactly what I was thinking.

Whoever watches the most low-quality Rugby League matches clearly knows the most.

I'll be the next Gus Gould if I watch park footy every weekend!

whistler

Juniors
If Bennett returns next year i would imagine Boyd would be the most likely to fill the 5/8 role. I'm sure i read somewhere earlier this year that Bennett believes he has the tools to make the transition

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Ben Hunt and Peter Wallace will most likely be next years halves. Corey Norman the third and future choice.

I don't see why Parker shouldn't be captain next year. The only problem is his win/loss ratio when he has the (C).

pretty much this. when;'s wallace off contract though? Parker will be captain, he's been groomed for the role for several years now. Prob has one of the worst win/loss ratio's though but its not his fault the teams played sh*t when he's in charge.

If Bennett returns next year i would imagine Boyd would be the most likely to fill the 5/8 role. I'm sure i read somewhere earlier this year that Bennett believes he has the tools to make the transition

yeah bennett said that. I'm not sure Boyd can kick. other big question for whichever club bennett signs for and has boyd in tow is whetehr that club has whatever money boyd is asking for.

i'm not holding out for bennett to come back. I still wnat to see Anthony Griffin have a fair crack no matter what, and in the medium-long term we all know it'll be locky anyway

gUt

Coach
If Wallace can't deliver this year as a half then I would want to see him trialled at hooker or turfed altogether.

Otherwise Hunt at 7 and Wallace at 6.

DeeJ

Bench
Just like to add just because Boyd followed Bennett to the Dragons doesn't mean he will follow him around for the rest of his career. Remember, Boyd was virtually unwanted by the Broncos (I think they only gave him a one year option or something) whereas I imagine at the Dragons he is a crucial part of their team and structure now and very much in demand by them.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Just like to add just because Boyd followed Bennett to the Dragons doesn't mean he will follow him around for the rest of his career. Remember, Boyd was virtually unwanted by the Broncos (I think they only gave him a one year option or something) whereas I imagine at the Dragons he is a crucial part of their team and structure now and very much in demand by them.

He wants to play under Bennett though, he said it himself. Thats why people are assuming he will follow Bennett elsewhere.