What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500k for a winger

broncos2010

Juniors
So I read that is what Uate is going to sign a long term contract on per season :lol::lol:

You would think the Knights would learn from the Panthers about spending to much money on backs but 500k a season on a winger is even worse,yes he is a great player but only player that should be getting 500k is a good 7 or 6.

Haffa

The salary caps gone up dude so will the figures for marquee players.

Wasn't Issy on a little more than that? :lol: How's captain thirdman working out for you?

Burwood

Bench
So I read that is what Uate is going to sign a long term contract on per season :lol::lol:

You would think the Knights would learn from the Panthers about spending to much money on backs but 500k a season on a winger is even worse

I'll bite...

The contract will be for 2014 onwards. It isn't 2005 where $500,000 is a major chunk of the salary cap.

yes he is a great player but only player that should be getting 500k is a good 7 or 6.

A player like Thurston, who is going to be on $1m+ next contract?

You would think the Knights would learn from the Panthers about spending to much money on backs but 500k a season on a winger is even worse,yes he is a great player but only player that should be getting 500k is a good 7 or 6.

A good 7 or 6 was on 500k about 10 years ago you geniused mongoloid..

These days a good 7 or 6 is on 600-650k and that is set to increase over the next 5 years to 800k-1m.

What does that mean? More cap space for other positions!

Aku is a lethal strike weapon, he scores .77 tries per game, at that rate he will become the greatest try scorer in rugby league history. Not only that he is a fan favourite and brings fans through the gate.

500k might be overs, but Japanese Rugby are chasing him for 800k.. And in 3-5 years time, 500k for a good winger will be the norm with the cap increases.

Finally, I trust Wayne Bennetts judgement on a players worth more than your dead beat opinion.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ah broncoloid2010 is just mad that we snaffled Brisbanes best young outside back prospect since the pearl

Enjoy watching Dane carve sides up for us mate. I know I will

Guru_

Juniors
Uate is not worth more than 400k. His state of origin career is dead and his form is on the decline

Jobdog

Live Update Team
On the decline? Obviously didn't see him throughout the second half of last year ...

broncos2010

Juniors
No winger should be on 500k a season no matter how good he is.

Wingers can be replaced with anyone while good 6 and 7 are very rare and only they should be worth that much and maybe real class forward like gallen etc..

Also to the guys talking about the broncos lets stick on topic by the way we have won 6 premierships since 88 so trying troll about that is not going to work.

No winger should be on 500k a season no matter how good he is.

Wingers can be replaced with anyone while good 6 and 7 are very rare and only they should be worth that much and maybe real class forward like gallen etc..

Also to the guys talking about the broncos lets stick on topic by the way we have won 6 premierships since 88 so trying troll about that is not going to work.

And the guy that coaches those premierships is now coaching us. So who are you to question what Wayne Bennett values a player.

Maybe you should be coaching in the NRL, you seem to know a lot about how to manage a salary cap.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
The value of a player can not always be judged by his position Uate scores a lot of points more than his centers and then there is the fan side of things.How many people come to see him play each one is money generated. In his case i think its money well spent

some11

Referee
Fmd, this guy is a parasite.

Wingers are not just wingers anymore, 500k is normal for a good player now and Uate and Gagai will carve up this year you twonk.

broncos2010

Juniors
Jennings is 2 times the player Uate is and he is only worth around 500k.

Also please no rubbish that Uate is better as well all know what jennings can do in prime form.

Uate would be no good at any other position then wing while Jennings dominates at centre and could also dominate at full back.

Also Uate flopped at Origin and is not even a rep player any more and don't expect him to be any time soon again after he failed last season at origin and no rep player deserves 500k.

perverse

Referee
He is worth it. I would have liked to think we could get him a bit cheaper, but he's been on the cheap for the past 3 years, and he deserves to be paid what he is worth.

Big Tim

First Grade
He is worth it. I would have liked to think we could get him a bit cheaper, but he's been on the cheap for the past 3 years, and he deserves to be paid what he is worth.

Well said.

He means more to this club than a 500k pay packet.

I would like to think he will be a Knight for life.

Spot On

Coach

That particular back did nothing to justify his price. Over hyped, over paid centre who did not score anywhere near as many tries as he should. Poor attitude and always "hurt" or "injured" to boot.

You are completely out of your depth if you think a 'good' 6 or 7 is only getting 500K. The shit ones are getting that.

Personally, I think 500K for a winger is too much when the cap is at 4.4 million as in 2012. At 5.8 mill in 2013 it's a possibility. With further cap increases, it's a given for a player like Uate with a quality centre inside him.

PS - You're a dickhead the magnitude of Kmav. Nice rap to have.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Isn't the cap more like $5.8mill next year - with a view to increase it further over the coming years?

broncos2010

Juniors
No none rep regular player should be on more then 400k if you ask me.

Only rep players deserve 500k plus and only real classy outside backs like Hodges,Lyon,GI deserve this type of money not wingers.

Especially a winger who could not cut it on the biggest stage in origin.