What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

52.5 start for PNG?

Bizarre game. Can't remember ever seeing such lopsided possession stats. I also can't recall a team being beaten 42-0 and yet physically dominating and consistently smashing their (much larger) opposition. Australia hardly snuck over the advantage line all day.

NZ weren't much better last night or last week.

Scubby

Juniors
13-2 penalty count what an absolute joke. PNG actually dominated in the tackle.

As for their attack, they had no go forward. But a side not getting penalised like the Aussies will creep up on the 10 and hold on all day long.

Was this ref trying to get a gig in the NRL? :?

As for the Aussies - were were the offloads? All the tries from close range and lucky breaks from kicks. Wish the Kiwis were playing them next week.

The 18th Man

Juniors
I don't mind the ref ruling as per the laws of the game. It's how a struggling National side like PNG will continue to improve. That shouldn't be given sympathy, that won't help them. I love their inclusion in the Four Nations and this is the first step to really bringing on the game in the rugby league loving country. Unless you have been there, as I have, you have no idea how much this Four Nations will mean to the people.

Apey

Staff member
A lot of people jsut went to watch Tonga vs Samoa.

This ^ There were a lot of supporters for that game but they left immediately afterwards.

I didn't think PNG were that bad - their attack is woeful but I thought they defended strongly for the most part... well, their defence exceeded my expectations anyway.

To those bagging Slater... I hate the prick but he was everywhere today. Maybe it was easier to appreciate this watching it at the ground, where you could watch him closer and didn't have to listen to Gould/Rabs.