What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th and final ASHES TEST: England v Australia at the Oval, Aug 20-24

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bopara has been dropped for Trott

Flintoff seems to be playing

Go hard or go home aussies

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
unfortunately I think its Clark out and Hauri in for the Aussies

Spike

First Grade
England's best chance is if Phil Tufnell and Graeme Hick come out of retirement

IanG

Coach
With the Poms having to win this one I also suspect they'll be getting actual cricket groundsman to prepare a wicket rather than just letting the local council build a road.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hopefully Clark plays, its Englands best chance

eh?

oh I see, so Broad and Swann can throw the bat again in a pressureless and useless situation whilst going down in a humiliating innings defeat?

doesnt make sense to me, but whatever makes them feel good I guess....

IanG

Coach
They'd called up Chris Hartley as back up for Haddin and Manou. So why Paine now as well?

Hanscholo

Bench
If England had the balls to actually attack our bowling whilst the game was in the balance then sure, Clark could possibly come in for some stick, but which one of the aussie bowlers wouldnt...they are all as loose as an old hookers you know what at times. Problem is, you leave Clark out, and you ask Siddle, Johnson and Hlfenhaus to take 15 wickets on a road. Why does that not fill me with confidence? Clark pressures the batsmen at least, Johnson needs to be dropped.

eddiesmith

Juniors
They'd called up Chris Hartley as back up for Haddin and Manou. So why Paine now as well?
Hartley was called up because he was in the country and they just wanted someone for the tour game, with Manous injury looking more serious they decided to bring in a decent keeper in case Haddin got injured again before the test

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Paine is going over next week anyway for the ODI, they just shipped him out a week early

If you listen to Neilsen on Fox this morning Lee is in there with a pretty good chance for the 5th test match.

beads6

First Grade
You watch these tards pick Brett Lee over Stuart Clark... I can see it happening now... Oh he reverse swings it we need him in the team... More like he cups them firmly and puts it all in and around his mouth.

ozbash

Referee
:music1: God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save our Queen :music1:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Freddy has declared himself a definite starter.

Aussies still undecided between Clark/Lee/Hauri

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
:music1: God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save our Queen :music1:

So what did you thin of Sri Lankans innings yesterday Oz, not bad huh ?

you guys must have got sick of chasing so much leather

Latest posts