What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: @ The Oval London July 26-30, 2023

Lebbo73

Bench
Those LBW’s really annoy me. It doesn’t look out so why doesn’t the umpire leave it up to the fielding side to review?

Bazal

Post Whore
Shit batting on the whole. We wanted to bat for two days except when we didn't, and then we got out.

Like everything so far with this team, half a plan with no fallback.

It's hilarious because we're still better than England though 😂

Australia ahead after 1st innings = England are better. Spell me.
If England have outplayed Australia over 5 matches as much as they claim they have, then questions need to be asked of the captaincy. If Stokes has done a great job as captain and Patty has been poor then questions need to be asked of the English talent. Oh and they’ve won 4/5 tosses as well, so it can’t be down to bad luck there either.

Personally I feel the standard of cricket by both teams has bee pretty poor. A lot of shorter form cricket, getting starts and throwing away your wicket combined with dropped catches everywhere. If one team put a price on their wickets and held their catches they would have comfortably won the series 4 or 5 nil weather permitting.

Bazal

Post Whore
If England have outplayed Australia over 5 matches as much as they claim they have, then questions need to be asked of the captaincy. If Stokes has done a great job as captain and Patty has been poor then questions need to be asked of the English talent. Oh and they’ve won 4/5 tosses as well, so it can’t be down to bad luck there either.

Personally I feel the standard of cricket by both teams has bee pretty poor. A lot of shorter form cricket, getting starts and throwing away your wicket combined with dropped catches everywhere. If one team put a price on their wickets and held their catches they would have comfortably won the series 4 or 5 nil weather permitting.

Pretty much spot on. It's been a very ordinary series that's all about who can fail the least, and that's been us.

The major difference is the Poms are inhaling gigantic canisters of their own farts despite being huge failures, and the Aussies (media, fans etc) are rightly bashing our tactics and performances to death.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The problem with the Australian innings is that it took a day to reach parity yet we've given up the best 2 days to bat on to the moral victors.

The first hour is crucial. If we don't make early inroads we'll be chasing about 7000 in the second innings.

Eelectrica

Referee
If our batsmen were batting against our field placings we'd be close to 400 and have wickets in hand. We're giving too many easy runs when fielding. England seem better at restricting. If a batsman faces 82 balls, I'd expect him to have 30 or 40 on the board, not 9.
We need to knock them over quickly and not give their bowlers too much time to recover whilst they;re a bowler down

Bazal

Post Whore
Watch Captain Coward start with a deep point, deep square, three men on the ramp and on slip.

Mid on and mid off left open

simmo1

First Grade
Pretty much spot on. It's been a very ordinary series that's all about who can fail the least, and that's been us.

The major difference is the Poms are inhaling gigantic canisters of their own farts despite being huge failures, and the Aussies (media, fans etc) are rightly bashing our tactics and performances to death.

I have never seen a series where both teams have thrown away so many wickets. Yes, both bowling attacks are pretty good but aside from England's 590 last game both teams have mostly struggled to get much more than 300 on some of the flattest wickets of all time.

Latest posts