What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: @ The Oval London July 26-30, 2023

Khawaja currently the equal highest run scorer of the series with 480, having played every test

To put that into context, in 2019 Smith hit 774 in three and a half tests

Absolutely carried us that series

undertaker

Coach
Unless he gets injured, I'm prepared to wager right now that Warner's 50 in this innings will ensure the selectors give him a spot in the starting XI vs Pakistan, and will get to bow out on his own terms in Sydney.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Unless he gets injured, I'm prepared to wager right now that Warner's 50 in this innings will ensure the selectors give him a spot in the starting XI vs Pakistan, and will get to bow out on his own terms in Sydney.
He owes us more than a 50. Nothing less than a big ton with a win is acceptable.

undertaker

Coach
We don't have a better opener buuuuut the new bloke should be starting off at home
I agree.

There are 6 rounds of Sheffield Shield before the first test vs Pakistan on December 14. I've said this in another post and I'll say it again: one of those batsmen at state level will have to have an absolute blinder in those 6 rounds (i.e. average close to or more than 100) for the selectors to even consider them in the starting XI

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I agree.

There are 6 rounds of Sheffield Shield before the first test vs Pakistan on December 14. I've said this in another post and I'll say it again: one of those batsmen at state level will have to have an absolute blinder in those 6 rounds (i.e. average close to or more than 100) for the selectors to even remotely consider dropping Warner.
Could consider Labs but he's maybe a bit too slow to bat with Khawaja....although he's been pretty much opening with him recently

Latest posts