What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: @ The Oval London July 26-30, 2023

undertaker

Coach
My dream scenario is Australia pull their finger out and bat 1st score 450+ and roll England twice to really shut up Bazball. I never thought I’d say this but I hope India pump them.
I'm looking forward to that India vs England test series early next year.

It will be interesting to see the type of pitches that get dished up for that series, if they bear any resemblance to what Australia had to deal with in the tests at Nagpur, Delhi and Indore a few months ago.

undertaker

Coach
Some real Tony Robbins level shit from the English team.

I'm sure some of it is good but it looks like they've read 'The Secret' one too many times.

*If you imagine you'll win the Ashes enough...then you will*
Ah, Tony Robbins. Blast from the past there.

I remember when his seminars were all the rage during the '90s.

icewind

Juniors
you know what pisses me off?

This idea no one but the 'inner sanctum' of the Australian Cricket Team knows what cricket is like in the modern era. That ex-Australian cricketers have no idea what modern cricket is like. *They* are the only ones who can comment on their field settings, their performance, because only *they* know what its like today.

Bullshit. I hate this rigid adherance to a defensive field no matter the time of the innings. I hate the disdain showed for a bowler who is batting and bowling better than the current bowling setup, but doesn't get a look in. Let alone the need for a fresh bowler.

I hate the excuses and the holier than thou attitude. Our cricket team is supposed to be just that - OUR cricket team. YOU represent US. You are not better than any cricketer that has gone before, and you should show some respect to those who have more "traditional" views.

end rant.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

This idea no one but the 'inner sanctum' of the Australian Cricket Team knows what cricket is like in the modern era. That ex-Australian cricketers have no idea what modern cricket is like. *They* are the only ones who can comment on their field settings, their performance, because only *they* know what its like today.

Bullshit. I hate this rigid adherance to a defensive field no matter the time of the innings. I hate the disdain showed for a bowler who is batting and bowling better than the current bowling setup, but doesn't get a look in. Let alone the need for a fresh bowler.

I hate the excuses and the holier than thou attitude. Our cricket team is supposed to be just that - OUR cricket team. YOU represent US. You are not better than any cricketer that has gone before, and you should show some respect to those who have more "traditional" views.

end rant.
george-costanza.gif

Bazal

Post Whore

end rant.

It's not just modern cricketers. Look at some ex cricketers attitudes too. Especially obvious during the JL saga.

"You can't criticise if you haven't played at the highest level, you don't understand cricket."

Horseshit. This era is just a product of the eras before it IMO

Fangs

Coach
Ah, Tony Robbins. Blast from the past there.

I remember when his seminars were all the rage during the '90s.

Torrented his stuff years back.

Plenty of good in it and plenty of shit. I do think he is a good guy who means well but its an industry full of monstrous hacks.

undertaker

Coach

This idea no one but the 'inner sanctum' of the Australian Cricket Team knows what cricket is like in the modern era.

.I hate the disdain showed for a bowler who is batting and bowling better than the current bowling setup, but doesn't get a look in. Let alone the need for a fresh bowler.
Nepotism has run rife among the selectors for decades. This is not a recent phenomenon.

Many talented players at state level who didn't get a go (and those that did crack the national side didn't get an extended run in the team compared to the selectors' pet favourites who underperformed for a long time).