What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th CB Series ODI: Fri 30 Jan Australia v South Africa @ WACA Perth

IanG

Coach
Warner out. What a merkin of a way to get out. Backing up too far and via straight drive brushes the bowler's fingers.

what law do you want changed? the runout law?

Yep
I know it is legitimate
But there is absolutely no skill required in those dismissals
There is some sort of skill (or lack of skill) in all other dismissals
But not that one
Just dumb luck

African Monkey

First Grade
funny how the sheep f**kers arrive en masse when wickets fall
We haven't done anything. People are saying that the law should be changed in regards to Warner's dismissal when really he's just unlucky but it's not as if he's the first to fall victim to the dismissal.

JoeD

First Grade
I've actually seen a couple of the kiwi bowlers play for that kind of dismissal, I can't remember who maybe Styris and Adams.

Blaze

Juniors
Australia's lower order really doesn't look as intimidating as it used to. These two both need to dig in and try to score at 5 an over for the next 25 overs. That really don't want to be leaving themselves anymore than 90 runs to get in the last 10.

A Hussey brother match winning partnership would be pretty cool here. As I type, Michael gets the benefit of the doubt with a close LBW call. That pull shot gets him in trouble a lot...

EDIT: f**k the aussie/kiwi bashing is dire. Who comes onto the internet to bait strangers about childish sh*t like that? Post something constructive

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Yep
I know it is legitimate
But there is absolutely no skill required in those dismissals
There is some sort of skill (or lack of skill) in all other dismissals
But not that one
Just dumb luck

How does hit wicket , handled ball or timed out require any skill by the bowling team ??????

Its these laws that make cricket a great game, the non striker jumping the start has tipped the pendulum in favour of the batsman, so this helps to even it out...