What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Hobart Jan 23, 2013

vvvrulz

Coach
No, cause then one of two things will happen;

- The umpires will be crucified for not reviewing a decision which proved to be incorrect.

- The umpires will be crucified for reviewing every decision.

It works now. Players just need to use it properly.

Perhaps, but to me that's the fundamental point of an umpire and it should come with the job. Umpires are at least neutral 3rd parties in theory, the players only think of themselves and situations like the Clarke/Warner issue will keep happening.

I agree that the existing system can work in theory but I don't think it ever will if it is in the hands of the players.

Sphagnum

Coach
Perhaps, but to me that's the fundamental point of an umpire and it should come with the job. Umpires are at least neutral 3rd parties in theory, the players only think of themselves and situations like the Clarke/Warner issue will keep happening.

I agree that the existing system can work in theory but I don't think it ever will if it is in the hands of the players.

Maybe the players should be able to watch a slow motion replay on the big screen and then decide whether they want to review :lol:

This system isn't working. Somebody will get a dodgy decision in a minute and can't review it.

Wade is a farkwit for wasting it but all of these little pricks are so self absorbed, he probably doesn't even care.

Earl

Coach
No because you would place restrictions on it. I wouldn't allow umpires to overturn LBW decisions UNLESS it was a case of the umpire missing an edge onto the pads. Or if the umpire missed a no-ball.

For the first half of the Ryobi Cup season DRS was in the hands of the umpire and it failed miserably.

Decisions which should have been overturned were not even reviewed which made the broadcaster, team managment and fans piss and moan.

They then decided to start reviewing more decisions which slowed the game down which made the broadcaster, team managment and fans piss and moan.

They then decided to scrap it all together.

It doesn't work. Not IMO.

Sphagnum

Coach
I assume the anti-Hughes comments are for Bunnies' benefit. If not, well, :roll:

He has hit 119 runs in 4 one dayers with a high score of 112 (on a flat track, against these clowns who had just been thrashed in a 3 test series)

As soon as the bowlers got a bit of confidence, he went back to being his useless self.

Flat track bully with limited talent, horrible technique and a selfish attitude. They're a dime a dozen in our first class teams. What makes HAHAHA so special?

HevyDevy

Coach
That's not top say that it can't work. All we know now is that the way they did it in Ryobi Cup doesn't work.

HevyDevy

Coach
He has hit 119 runs in 4 one dayers with a high score of 112 (on a flat track, against these clowns who had just been thrashed in a 3 test series)

As soon as the bowlers got a bit of confidence, he went back to being his useless self.

Flat track bully with limited talent, horrible technique and a selfish attitude. They're a dime a dozen in our first class teams. What makes HAHAHA so special?

The fact that he is a far greater talent than the rest of them.

vvvrulz

Coach
They then decided to start reviewing more decisions which slowed the game down which made the broadcaster, team managment and fans piss and moan.

They then decided to scrap it all together.

Which was hypocritical of the broadcaster, teams and fans.

Slowing the game down? There is a break between every over, every dismissal, innings break, drinks breaks... heck even a single delivery takes a good minute to get through.

Cricket is a slow burning game, complaining about time is ridiculous. Some people will just find anything to moan about.

Latest posts