What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Hobart Jan 23, 2013

Sphagnum

Coach
They're going to see off Malinga and Kulasekera and get into the part timers like Dilshan... :sarcasm:

vvvrulz

Coach
More people moaning about the DRS system being flawed, when that was completely the fault of Wade. I fear that they'll blame the technology endlessly and force it to be dropped.

HevyDevy

Coach
More people moaning about the DRS system being flawed, when that was completely the fault of Wade. I fear that they'll blame the technology endlessly and force it to be dropped.

The concept is decent but only one review allowed? No reason why there shouldn't be two or three in a ODI game as well imo.

Earl

Coach
Its amazing how well the system works when you only use it when you 110% know your not out.

IT not f**king there to be used as a tactical tool to overturn a close LBW decision.

Earl

Coach
Players seem to think it must be used by your top 3 batsmen within the first 10 overs.

90% of the time if you are given out, its because you were f**king out. So keep f**king walking.

vvvrulz

Coach
The concept is decent but only one review allowed? No reason why there shouldn't be two or three in a ODI game as well imo.

I think the idea to reduce it 1 was to encourage the players to not use it selfishly for 50/50 lbw calls like Wade today and Clarke the other day. Maybe also to save time.

That said I think you're right and its silly to say that 2-3 reviews chews up too much time in a sport that has 8 hour and 5 day matches. If it was up to me I'd take it away from the players and give umpires full access to the technology. If there is a howler then a third umpire is allowed to intervene. Common sense if you ask me.

Earl

Coach
The Aussies look like they have decided to give themselves 50 overs to take the shine of the ball and then look to increase the scoring rate from then on

Hallatia

Referee
Hughes told Wade to review it

Useless plodder
even without having seen it, I had my concerns that he was in some way responsible
Some more top order failure for us all to enjoy. We support such a consistent, awesome cricket team!
at least your tail can bat (unlike your guys higher in the order

If we can just get through these first 50 overs ...
that's what it's all about. Especially when we all want to start challenging for the associates world cup :)

HevyDevy

Coach
Its amazing how well the system works when you only use it when you 110% know your not out.

IT not f**king there to be used as a tactical tool to overturn a close LBW decision.

True, but one wrong review is too few.

In this case it was an awful decision to review, however there will inevitably be occasions when we get one of those real borderline decisions in the first over of the day, the review is turned down and all reviews are now gone for the next 49 overs.

And you expect that opening batsman to just walk when he knows it's 50/50?

vvvrulz

Coach
Current partnership 18 runs, 6.0 overs, RR: 3.00 (Bailey 8, Hughes 10)

These two are really plodding along and they've nearly chewed up 20 overs.

Earl

Coach
I think the idea to reduce it 1 was to encourage the players to not use it selfishly for 50/50 lbw calls like Wade today and Clarke the other day. Maybe also to save time.

That said I think you're right and its silly to say that 2-3 reviews chews up too much time in a sport that has 8 hour and 5 day matches. If it was up to me I'd take it away from the players and give umpires full access to the technology. If there is a howler then a third umpire is allowed to intervene. Common sense if you ask me.

No, cause then one of two things will happen;

- The umpires will be crucified for not reviewing a decision which proved to be incorrect.

- The umpires will be crucified for reviewing every decision.

It works now. Players just need to use it properly.

HevyDevy

Coach
No, cause then one of two things will happen;

- The umpires will be crucified for not reviewing a decision which proved to be incorrect.

- The umpires will be crucified for reviewing every decision.

It works now. Players just need to use it properly.

No because you would place restrictions on it. I wouldn't allow umpires to overturn LBW decisions UNLESS it was a case of the umpire missing an edge onto the pads. Or if the umpire missed a no-ball.

Latest posts