What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: India v England at Dharamsala - Jan 27, 2013

Hallatia

Referee
lalala

England and India will play 2 T20Is later this week which Anderson and Trott are being rested from. Then Pakistan and India will play each other for a couple of weeks (in that time England will have a couple of tour matches) and then England will play the ODI portion of the tour.

Am I the only person who finds that scheduling odd?

Hallatia

Referee
The second England T20I is in the 22nd of December and the first tour match I mentioned in on the sixth of January, so I think the scheduling might have been done that way to allow England to go home for the holidays, still seems odd having another tour inside a completely different tour for India

jargan83

Coach
That scheduling does seem odd but I imagine you are right about it being done so England can go home for Christmas and come back after

Hopefully the Poms will towl up Team India in the 20/20 and the ODI's as well!

Earl

Coach
India will turn up now. T20/ODI games is what their players see as the pinnicle after all.

Hallatia

Referee
Eoin Morgan making his captaincy debut, first T20I starts in about 15 minutes, India won the toss and will bowl first

England:
Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, Luke Wright, Eoin Morgan (captain), Samit Patel, Jos Buttler (keeper), Tim Bresnan, James Tredwell, Stuart Meaker, Danny Briggs, Jade Dernbach

India
Gautam Gambhir, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (captain and keeper), Ravi Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Ashok Dinda, Parwinder Awana

BunniesMan

Immortal
I feel sorry for those poms. Basically they got the message "if you're any good you get to go home for xmas, if not you play in this game".

Also that first over was bowled stupidly. Literally noone square on the leg side. So what does he do...he keeps bowling short and straight. Dumb.

Hallatia

Referee
Second and final T20I of this series is at half past midnight tonight.

Pakistan play a T20I against India on Christmas

Hallatia

Referee
because I'm home now and not at a party I was meant to be at til 4. I think I might watch this til I fall asleep (I am pretty tired and know that I have to be up by 7 at the latest)

England won the toss and elected to bowl first. One change to each side and teams are as follows

India
Gautam Gambhir, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (captain and keeper), R Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Ashok Dinda, Parvinder Awana

England
Alex Hales, Micahel Lumb, Luke Wright, Eoin Morgan (captain), Samit Patel, Jos Buttler (keeper), Joe Root, Tim Bresnan, James Tredwell, Stuart Meaker, Jade Dernbach

Root is playing

Hallatia

Referee
I hate T20s but will be watching this anyway in the hope of seeing Team India get smashed.

This will be my first non Morne T20 this year. I didn't even watch South Africa last night

Hallatia

Referee
I fell asleep before it started, but I think that result was even better than smashing them

Hallatia

Referee
first ODI starting in <10 minutes, England have won the toss and elected to bat first. Joe Root will make his ODI debut

England
1 Alastair Cook (captain), 2 Ian Bell, 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Eoin Morgan, 5 Joe Root, 6 Craig Kieswetter (keeper), 7 Samit Patel, 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 James Tredwell, 10 Jade Dernbach, 11 Steven Finn.

India
1 Gautam Gambhir, 2 Ajinkya Rahane, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Suresh Raina, 6 MS Dhoni (captain and keeper), 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Ravi Ashwin, 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Ashok Dinda.

Hallatia

Referee
16 overs in and Bell has been going really well, half century up for him, England cruising along a bit. 82/0 after 16

Hallatia

Referee
England killing it at the moment, both Cook and Bell batting at good strike rates and neither of them look a chance of getting out any time soon. England closing in on 150 for none in the 26th over

Hallatia

Referee
both Bell and Cook have now fallen, both short of centuries, Bell was run out, underestimating India's fielding and and Cook edged one to short fine leg but England look on track to make 350 odd

Hallatia

Referee
England finish with 325, only one strike rate below 90, Bell's 88.54. Everyone who batted made some runs too. England in a pretty good position. India did, however, manage 4 wickets

Hallatia

Referee
I think the few overs in which those wickets fell really swung it in favour of England, but yeah, definitely still anyone's game