What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6, 7, 9, 14 Who would you pick?

eel4life

Juniors
if we do what we did on sat night again, i dont care who we have but i dont rate JS, he had some chances this year he hasnt impressed me at all, but i guess with the team playing better together maybe he can fit in.

True EEL

Bench
^^^

i don't actually rate J Smith oustide of being "solid", with a decent kicking game, but he has at least played NRL this year and JT likes him apparently

i'm not saying he should come back in, but most likely will....

eloquentEEL

First Grade
i know i'll get shouted out for even suggesting this, but i'd be interested to see how this combo might work:

6. Morris
7. Marsh
9. Riddell
14. Burt

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Eelementary said:
6. Widders
7. Morris
9. Riddell
14. Marsh

:sarcasm:

I like this setup actually.. does widders have the fitness for a full game though? Thats the biggest concern. He has deffinately shown over time he could potentially be a good 5/8, sneaky little kicking game, excellent running game and a smart passing game

J smith didnt do enough for mine to be an automatic selection in the 7, but Taylor will probably stick with him

yy_cheng

Coach
Widders in the past has not succeeded at 5/8th because he wants to make every play, THE PLAY. A bit like Timmy earlier in the year. They were both putting too much pressure on themselves.

If he wants to play 5/8th, he has to learn patience. I like him playing now with O'Dwyer outside him. He gets the ball maybe 1 or 2 times in a set rather than nearly every attacking set. I think that suits him more.

But hey, so far all the options are are feasible and could succeed. I don't think there is one standout combo as yet.

1eyedeel

Juniors
There's a big difference in putting a centre into the side after a reasonable layoff then a halfback/five-eighth which is all about having your timing right. I'd bring Green off the bench. Even doing that I wouldn't announce it. Just slip him in as a late change so that he doesn't get the media attention or the chance for NZ to work out how to target him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, Dean has played 80 minutes before. And in the second row, too.

Maybe he could fill in at 5/8...Who knows?

My ideal choice would be Green, but so many here say he's not a good 5/8 that I had to think of something else.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think he was referring to the style of play of the opposition.

e.g. Warriors - Big Pack, Tigers - Small mobile pack, Canberra - Grinders, etc

number8

Juniors
lucablight said:
uhh.....Tim Smith is injured. That's the point of the whole thread.

Sorry pet, I came in on page 2 & missed that bit.

That being the case, I'd start:

7. Marsh
6. Mateo
9. Riddell
14. Green

Depending who we play again? For the most part though I'd go with that subbing Green into half, Marsh to 5/8th & Mateo to the bench or lock, pending the mix. Or if Riddell knocks up Marsh to hooker, Green to half.

Where's Morris? ........ In the centres for Tahu!

O'Dwyer has played very well in his last few & Inu is pushing but while Morris isn't in my ideal A GRADE halves/hooker scenario, He's still an A GRADE player & our best centre alternate........ imo!

number8

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
I think he was referring to the style of play of the opposition.

e.g. Warriors - Big Pack, Tigers - Small mobile pack, Canberra - Grinders, etc

Spot on yy, that is exactly what I meant. :thumb

Can chicks be premature ejaculators? :-k I thought so. I thought it was pretty common actually. Maybe they were just excited to see me!

:whistle

8-[

:^o

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
My suggestion for this week would be

6. Marsh
7. Morris
9. Riddell

Bench
Widders
Wagon
Cordoba
Weller Hauraki

The reason for this is that I think we need a bigger forward pack to combat the Warriors. Riddell will have to try and play more game time but if he does need to come off Pj can go to dummy half and Widders to 5/8 (or second receiver). It may seem like a large adjustment during the game but we adjusted last week when Timmy went off and I think our game plan tends to have interchangeable halves and dummy halves as well so to me it not that much of an issue.

Hurriflatch

Referee
What about

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Kris Inu
5. Eric Grothe
6. John Morris/PJ Marsh
7. PJ Marsh/John Morris
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Mark Riddell
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Chad Robinson
13. Glenn Morrison

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Dean Widders
16. Josh Cordoba
17. Daniel Wagon

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Well, Dean has played 80 minutes before. And in the second row, too.

Maybe he could fill in at 5/8...Who knows?

My ideal choice would be Green, but so many here say he's not a good 5/8 that I had to think of something else.

Don't believe everything you read on these forums in regards to players form and best positions.

Blake, Jeremy and Marcus formed an awesome partnership earlier in the year in premier league. The reason Blake was playing so well was that the playmaking work load was being shared around and he didn't always have to come up with the plays, he could just chime in when he saw an opening or an opportunity.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
What about

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Kris Inu
5. Eric Grothe
6. John Morris/PJ Marsh
7. PJ Marsh/John Morris
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Mark Riddell
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Chad Robinson
13. Glenn Morrison

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Dean Widders
16. Josh Cordoba
17. Daniel Wagon

I love Inu to death but at this stage of his career, Simon Mannering will have him for breakfast.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Luke O'Dwyer
5. Eric Grothe
6. John Morris/PJ Marsh
7. PJ Marsh/John Morris
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Mark Riddell
10. Fuifui Moimoi