What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6, 7, 9, 14 Who would you pick?

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
I love Inu to death but at this stage of his career, Simon Mannering will have him for breakfast.

And O'dwyer has done nothing wrong in the centres. In fact I think he has played better in the centres this year than Delaney.

Just on Luke, how bloody tough is he. He copped that hit from Carmont which IMO should have been worth 3-4 weeks and he copped a sly punch from Quinn but just kept going. I actually really wanted him to belt Quinn. He will be one of our biggest losses for next year with Widders, Morrison and Morris for his adaptability and dependability. Onya Chalkey.

I really think we need an extra forward on the bench this week aginst the warriors and the only guy I could come up with was Weller Hauraki. Are Afamasaga and Taia both injured?

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
And O'dwyer has done nothing wrong in the centres. In fact I think he has played better in the centres this year than Delaney.

Just on Luke, how bloody tough is he. He copped that hit from Carmont which IMO should have been worth 3-4 weeks and he copped a sly punch from Quinn but just kept going. I actually really wanted him to belt Quinn. He will be one of our biggest losses for next year with Widders, Morrison and Morris for his adaptability and dependability. Onya Chalkey.

I really think we need an extra forward on the bench this week aginst the warriors and the only guy I could come up with was Weller Hauraki. Are Afamasaga and Taia both injured?

Afa's injured.

yes, i agree chalky has been imo better than Delaney.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just on the bench

While playing 4 forwards might be the way JT goes

it would not surprise me if he goes for the pace approch and basically plays a very quick team and tries to wear down to Warriors that way

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Just on the bench

While playing 4 forwards might be the way JT goes

it would not surprise me if he goes for the pace approch and basically plays a very quick team and tries to wear down to Warriors that way

True but I think Widders will be played like a ball player when he comes on and Wagon out wide so that means that Cordoba would be the only big forward option. Worked on saturday night but with Riddell able to play backrow we had another option. The only ways I think he can go is a ball player at 14 or a big forward.

1eyedeel

Juniors
Brad Tighe made Kris look pretty weak in defence on a couple of ocassions (that said, I massively rate Tighe). I'd like to see him debut on the wing where he won't be put under that kind of defensive pressure first up. The exact same thing happened to Willie Tonga in his debut or one of his first matches. I think it was Phil Graham played all over him and it didn't do his confidence any good at all.

Bigfella

Coach
It was either Phil Graham or maybe Adam Mogg in his first year at Canberra? Yes there were plenty who said there and then that Tonga wasn't up to first grade...

I agree they might go with pace. Last year we carved them in the second half with Burt playing strongly.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Mannering will eat him from breakfast???

yet people here want Inu to mark Gidley last week

well I for one wasn't endorse it but I would of been more than curious if he was up against him.

Parraren

Bench
Don't worry, Taylor's smart enough not to throw a rookie into the centres against a very good Warriors side over there in NZ.

I agree with 1eyed. He should debut out on the wing ideally with Timana playing inside him and I think that will probably happen next year to be honest. Timana-Inu on one side, Smith-Grothe the other with Hayne at fb.

filthy_spammers said:
Brad Tighe made Kris look pretty weak in defence on a couple of ocassions (that said, I massively rate Tighe). I'd like to see him debut on the wing where he won't be put under that kind of defensive pressure first up. The exact same thing happened to Willie Tonga in his debut or one of his first matches. I think it was Phil Graham played all over him and it didn't do his confidence any good at all.

One game doesn't mean your a bad defender. INU has excellent defence. Jamie Lyon had a crap defensive game against Tonga in 2004. TONGA killed him does that mean Jamie isn't a good defender??

I can honestly say that I have NOT seen Kris INU have a bad defensive game ...... the Newcastle game was out of the Blue where Tighe caught him out Once....when Inu had his back Turned.

INu is probably the best defending 3/4 we have out our club. And he will be better than Lyon and Tonga in attack.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
One game doesn't mean your a bad defender. INU has excellent defence. Jamie Lyon had a crap defensive game against Tonga in 2004. TONGA killed him does that mean Jamie isn't a good defender??

I can honestly say that I have NOT seen Kris INU have a bad defensive game ...... the Newcastle game was out of the Blue where Tighe caught him out Once....when Inu had his back Turned.

INu is probably the best defending 3/4 we have out our club. And he will be better than Lyon and Tonga in attack.

Do you live in the real world Jake? Not every young Parramatta lower grade player will be the best player in the NRL in their position.

caylo

Bench
ref... i could argue that timmy, haynes, benny... u could argue these kids has been brilliant in their time in first grade, and have the potential 2 be he best in their potential. i do expect timmy to be the qld halfback and contesting head for the australian halfback in a few years. jarrad could be anything atm... and benny wether as a backrower or a centre is explosive enough to be brilliant. from reports of Inu hits hard in defence, and has an amzing swerve and step... with incredible pace. i have mates who played in parramatta lower grades (i.e tim robenson, nathan tanous, cameron speachley). these bloke have played with and against players like hayne and Inu, and they rated both highly... im opteristic about Inu, i think he could be somthing special. im not ready to put my head on the line and claim he to be better than tonga and lyon, but i do think he will have the same impact on the nrl as inglus had last year.

Latest posts